{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Monday 24 December 2018

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Here are two cards that I made, one for a friend and one for my aunt and uncle.

Before my birthday I was lucky enough to visit the Crafter's Companion Evesham Store and managed to get this Sheena Douglas stamp and matching die that I had wanted from the previous year.  Needless to say I thought it would be perfect for a Christmas card.
 I watercoloured the houses, lamps and trees in pots with my Spectrum Noir Aqua Pens.  I haven't done watercolouring for some time but although I didn't feel well I managed to get these images coloured.
I added some glitter and white Flowersoft to the roof of the house, roof of the porch and then added highlights to the fence, trees in pots and the ground.

I have used various The Works backing papers for the cards.

I have finished the cards off with some die-cut greenery, poinsettia flowers from Hobbycraft and a stamped sentiment. I
 I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Stamping Sensations - Winter sparkle
Incy Wincy - Celebrate
Digi Choosday - Anything goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything goes
Word Art Wednesday - Anything goes
Lemon Shortbread - Anything goes
The Paper Shelter - Anything goes
As You Like It - Anything goes
4 Crafty Chicks - Anything goes with the option of bears
Cute Card Thursday - Anything goes
QKR Stampede - Anything goes
Polkadoodles - Anything goes

11 comments:

Mia said...

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
TTCRD DT
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Viv said...

Thanks for sharing this country cottage scene at Stamping Sensations. x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Your cosy little cottage looks like a perfect place to spend Christmas. I can see how much work you've put into this. Thank you for joining us in our 'Winter Sparkle' theme challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Warm Winter Wishes, Sandra x

Ribbon Girl said...

Hi Kym, a nice card with lots of lovely glitter - thanks for joining in with the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge. Best of luck, and hope to see you here again soon, Mary G x

KathyA. said...

Kym, I hope you are feeling better. I love cottages so your card delights my heart. I especially love the colors you chose and all the wonderful textures. So lovely. Thanks for joining us at QKR Stampede this week. DT Kathy [https://myasperations.blogspot.com]

Gina's Cards said...

This is such a beautiful card. Love the addition of the flowersoft. Thank you for playing along at Polkadoodles Crafting https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/ , good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx

Jane Savage said...

Gorgeous card, love the sparkle!
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) xxx

Dora said...

Beautiful card. Great decorated!
Thank you for joining at StampingSensations this month.

Brenda said...

I can imagine the beautiful sparkle your card must have in real life. Such a sweet scene. Wishing you a Happy New Year and hoping you will continue to share your lovely projects with us at As You Like It Challenge in 2019!

Squirrel x said...

Gorgeous! Sorry I am so late in visiting but wanted to thank you for sharing with us at AYLI. Hope to see you at all of this year's challenges! Big hugs, Squirrel xx

creatingandsharingit.blogspot.com said...

Great card. Thank you for playing with us at Polkadoodles challenge blog. Good luck with your entry.