{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Saturday 31 January 2009

Birthday Card


As I printed off two A5 sheets of backing paper to make the Thank God It's Friday Challenge Blog card, I made a pact for the New Year that instead of just putting leftover stuff in a box or drawer that I would make a card up with the items left over. This card is very similar to the challenge card but I've used different card for matting and layering, brads and some vellum. The background prints were two identical prints from Artylicious Damask CD in yellow and green and carefully cut them down so I could match the images on both pieces of card. The yellow was then inked around the edges in yellow and the green with a green chalk ink pad. It was then mat and layered. I then stamped out a flower image from Graphicus Flora and Fauna set and just did some light watercolouring as I didn't want the colours too heavy to distract from the backing paper. It was all finished off with some organza ribbon.

2 comments:

Beryl K said...

What a great idea Kym, never thought of doing that.
Beryl x

Joey said...

Hi Kym, I love your card, fabulous image I love the softness of it. joey.xxx