{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Thursday 29 January 2009

Basic Grey Challenge No 19 - Recipe Challenge - 24-1-09


I have entered a Basic Grey Challenge for the first time this week. Please click here if you would like to see the challenge. The recipe is:

Ingredients

2 Patterned papers
1 Button
1 Ribbon and Bow
3 Brads.

Before entering I had to find some Basic Grey items and at the moment have only across some paper so I bought it. It's called Two Scoops. There's one thing I don't like about it ..................... it's too nice to use, the texture is superb and the colours/images are lovely but to take part in this challenge I had to "bite the bullet" and cut up some of the paper. I shall have to keep a look-out for more Basic Grey products now.

The card is made by cutting two sheets in half diagonally, cutting a small slither off the diagnonal piece. The edges were inked with red Stazon. On one of the papers there was a flower so I cut out the image at the bottom, made an embossed mat with My Craftroom Workstation, distressed it with a nail file and after adding three brads to the other three corners I popped the fourth corner in under the flower. I added some decoupage, a button with fibres running through it, a creamy/gold ribbon bow and a matching ribbon on the card from my stash to finish it all off.

5 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Wow love this card I was tempted to enter but like you didn't have any Basic Grey items maybe next time. The coloring and layout is great well done.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Beryl said...

Great idea to have a 'recipe' for a card instead of a sketch. You've made a lovely card with the ingredients.
Beryl xx

Holly Young said...

Hi Kym! Great card and good luck with the contest! You came by my blog a little late to win the card I had, but I do have a new give away every other Wednesday, so come back!

Chrissie said...

Such a great card Kym!
I don't know how you manage to make so many and they're all fab (I love Dottie!)

Wendy said...

Very pretty
Wendy x