{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Saturday 23 April 2022

You Anchor Me ⚓


Here is a grungy/distressed card I have made.  The image I have used is by Ching-Chou Kuik and called "Bon Voyage My Love".  I have coloured my image in with Promarkers and highlighted areas with a white gel pen.

The backing papers are from my Joy! Crafts Under the Sea Paper pad.  Two of the papers I have just ripped around the edges for a more distressed feel.  On one of the backing papers I used Tim Holtz's Squeezed Lemonade distress ink through a mylar stencil I made with some die-cut shells out of it and went around the edge for some faded out shell shapes.

For embellishments I have used a netting die from Crafter's Companion and various stamped out shells/rocks and compass from Sentimentally Yours, a stamped sentiment and some pearls.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything goes
CD Sunday Plus - Anything goes with a CD/USB/digital (digital image used)
Word Art Wednesday - Anything goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything goes with the optional twist of April showers
Passion for Markers - In or on the sea
Digi Choosday - Anything goes
Polkadoodles - Anything goes
Crafty Catz - Anything goes with the option to add ribbon or twine
Colour Crazy Challenge - Anything goes

10 comments:

Pamela said...

This would be lovely for someone who likes sailing or cruises. I like your added embellishments especially the 'netting'.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely card, I like the sea design with the image
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A great image and lovely card, thank you for joining in our challenge at Passion for Markers.
Lorraine

Cards By MI said...

Fabby looking card and I love your sentiment. It perfect for your image! Thanks for joining us over at PFM this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Ella's Design said...

Love the muted colour tones and great themed embellishments on this pretty card, Kym...
Thanks for playing along with us at Passion for Markers this week! Lisa x

Aunty Sue said...

Fabulous card and thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz & Passion for Markers

The Crafty Den said...

A beautiful card Kym. The image is gorgeous and your colouring is perfect. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

Seafield Jo said...

Another lovely card Kym, beautifully embellished.

Thanks for joining us again.
Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

CraftyGirl said...

I am very glad you joined us this week at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. I hope you had a fantastic time!!! See you back very soon to play in another amazing challenge. :)

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Design Team Member

MeSi said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge. Hope to see you again!

Merja DT