{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Sunday 1 August 2021

A Perfect Time to Craft Open Challenge Blog - August 2021


Today sees a new challenge over at the A Perfect Time to Craft Open Challenge Blog.

The topic is always "ANYTHING GOES" and you are allowed unlimited entries into the challenge.

This month our sponsor is CraftsUPrint:

This month I have made a retirement card using the kit called "Tropical Wild 6x8 Kit 5" from CraftsUPrint by s.vieira.

It took me quite a while to work out what colour that would make the elephants "pop" but I got there in the end with some orange pearlescent card I got when I was away recently.  

It took some time with all the layers of fussy cutting to do but I got there in the end.  I knew the card was being hand delivered so I could use all of the layers of decoupage.  The main card is 8x8 but the topper with the mats and layers I made it so it sticks above and the card is just a little bit short of an A4 size!!

The backing papers are from The Works.  Sadly when I went in one of their shops whilst away and once in the town I live there were no paper pads to be seen.  They were such gorgeous quality.  I just hope they have not discontinued them.

I finished the card off with a die-cut name cut twice to give a drop shadow effect, flowers from the kit, Nuvo pearl drops and a Phill Martin Sentimentally Yours sentiment.

The recipient of the card was given the card the second week of July.  She is a WRVS lady who was working on reception at the hospital where I work all throughout our lockdowns in the UK.  She has finished now but I didn't want her to just go without anything so I made her this special card.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Digi Choosday - Anything goes
Simon Says - Anything goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything goes
Cardz 4 Galz - Dies and/or punches (dies used for the sentiment layers and also for the lady's name)
Aud Sentiments - Anything goes with sentiment
Krafty Chicks - Anything goes
Allsorts - Anything goes with the option of roses
Love to Craft - Anything goes
Mix it Up - Anything goes with the option of mixed media
CD Sunday Plus - Anything goes (digital kit from CraftsUPrint used for this card)
Crafts Galore Encore - Anything goes
A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything goes with the option of the colours of fall
Crafty Hazelnut Patterned Paper - Anything goes
Creatalicious Challenge - Anything goes with the option of animals
Classic Design Challenge - Anything goes

11 comments:

brenda said...

What a lovely card for your colleague Kym, I am sure she really appreciated the gesture. Many thanks for joining us again at Allsorts.

B x

Seafield Jo said...

All your hard work paid off, this is a fabulous card. The orange was a great choice.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

Pamela said...

A lovely card Kym and I like the flowers.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Linby said...

How nice of you to make a card for your colleague and this is just so lovely I'm sure she will treasure it. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

Nance said...

Fabulous safari card. Thanks for joining us in our ATG challenge at Krafty Chicks!

Billie A said...

Wonderful card. Wonderful image and fun retirement card. So glad you shared over at Aud Sentiments, Cardz 4 Galz.

Carol said...

Those elephants really do 'pop'. Great card.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Fiona said...

Elephants are one of my favourite animals and this card really allows them centre stage. The orange is a great colour to allow them to pop. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create

Annette said...

Awwww, lovely heffalumps!
Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Polkadoodles Digi Choosday,
Lili of the Valley,
Dies to Die For,
As You Like It Challenge.

crafty said...

A lovely card. Thank you for joining in the Aud Sentiments challenge and hope to see your lovely work again.
Mary

flossbite said...

Great card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge this month. Good luck!