{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Monday 24 May 2021

Happy Birthday


I wondered why my two posts did not go "live" last week when we were away.  

I'd saved them as drafts and not published them - silly me eh? 

I am still getting used to doing things differently with Blogger.

I have made this card using my gorgeous Pink Ink Designs giraffe stamp and stamped it onto coloured paper.  I then coloured in areas with my Promarkers.  I also stamped out the leaves and flowers from backing papers I had.

I decided that I wanted the giraffe poking out from behind a frame so I used a large Spellbinders die to die cut the shape out.  As I wanted to make sure it was in exactly the same place on all three layers I decided to stick the layers together and then die-cut.  That was a no-no because three layers on top of double-sided tape it would not cut the whole way through no matter what I did.  In the end I decided to lay the image over the back and cut which worked.  I then put the die back on the front and ran it through my Gemini and I managed to get the edge embossed again.  Lesson learnt!!

The digital papers I have used are from Summertime Designs (sadly no longer available).  For the back of the frame I used Pan Pastels to make a very delicate background and used some greenery stamps in the bottom corner.

I have finished the card off with a die-cut sentiment and the flowers and leaves I stamped and cut out.

I hope the recipient likes it.  I am sure she will.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Creatalicious - Anything goes with the option for a woman
A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything goes
CD Sunday - Anything goes digital (digital papers used)
Creative Fingers - Anything goes
Aud Sentiments - Anything goes with a sentiment
River of Creativity - Sunshine (I thought the bright colours in the giraffe and the colours of the backing papers/flowers make me think of sunshine)
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything goes
Crafter's Castle - Anything goes
Simon Says - Frame it
Crafty Hazelnut Patterned Paper - Anything goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything goes
Try in on Tuesday - Feminine
Digi Choosday - Anything goes
Little Red Wagon - Here I go again (well to see a giraffe you need to travel to a zoo or travel to see them in the wild - hope this is OK)
Crafty Catz - Anything goes with the option of cute as you like
Polkadoodles - Anything goes
Allsorts - Happy bright and sunny colours (wishing Allsorts a very happy 12th birthday.  It is such a wonderful achievement)
Gem of a Challenge - Anything goes

28 comments:

brenda said...

Hi Kym,

How lovely to see you at our first challenge at River of Creativity and using that PI Giraffe which is a real beauty. A perfect sunny card for our theme there and at Allsorts, thanks so much for joining in at both.

Thanks also for your Birthday wishes, much appreciated.

B x

Jean said...

Fab image great work ! Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create xx Please join us again.
https://wwwkraftyjean.blogspot.com/

Pamela said...

I love all the various elements in this card and that giraffe is too cute.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Seafield Jo said...

I'm a huge giraffe fan and love your card. Fantastic colouring.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

Billie A said...

Cute card. The giraffe is so cute. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments, Crafty Catz.

Wendy L said...

It looks fab, I love this giraffe, thanks for joining us at the Allsorts challenge and River of Creativity challenge too. Xxx

Zoechaos said...

I can see why the colours made you think of SUNSHINE and such a good fit for our first challenge! I'm also a fan of Pink Ink Designs but have not seen this stamp before! Thank you for sharing with us at http://riverofcreativity.blogspot.com x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card
We have a DT call is still ongoing, please check the details on the Challenge Blog if you are interested.
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
My Blog As I do Rodos

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Back to say Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge atThrough The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Good luck Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Debbie said...

What a fabulous card. Love Pink Ink stamps.

Thank you for entering our Challenge at
AUD Sentiments
this week. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
hugs
Debbie– DT AUD Sentiments
My blog

Crafting Queen said...

Another lovely card. Thanks for joining 613 Avenue Create. Anesha

Nelly said...

Such a fun card! ... Thanks for joining in the Polkadoodles Challenge this week, Nelly DT x

R's Rue said...

I love giraffes. This card made me happy. Thank you for sharing your talents with us. Beautiful blessings to you.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

tilly said...

a beautifully coloured and designed card, thank you for sharing your work at Crafty Catz challenge, Till

Louise Ouisie Chamberlain said...

I do love a giraffe... Fabulous entry for sunshine... It makes me smile

Kate said...

Another wonderful card!! That giraffe looks like a character and I love the way he's peeking out of the frame!

Thanks for joining us with another project at Little Red Wagon! As there are no giraffes in my neighbourhood either, I agree that one would need to travel to see one. It's absolutely okay that you linked up this fabulous card!! The idea is to get crafty, be creative and have fun with our challenges.

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Jocelyn said...

I like the way the giraffe is looking through the frame. It was worth persevering to achieve this look. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Joy Wilson said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge.  Please join us again real soon!
Hugs, Joy
JoyWilsonInk
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Owner and Coordinator

Margarets designer cards said...

I love yoiur Giraffe he looks so cute, beautiful colouring, great card
Thank you joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Carol said...

Quite an adventure with your die but it worked. A fab card.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

N-Eva said...

Fabulous card, great design, cute image. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Creatalicious Challenges . Hugs Neva

Rose Andrew said...

Awesome card .. love it
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Craft Challenge
Good Luck
Rose DT

Art Angel said...

I think your giraffe fits perfectly with our sunshine theme at River of Creativity, thank you for joining in x x

Elizabeth Hart said...

Oh I love this - such a happy card. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creatalicious Challenge, Elizabeth

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fabulous card! The giraffe is super cute - beautiful 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

Nunzia Carusio said...

Love this giraffe and your card design.
Thanks for sharing it with us at Polkadoodles Challenge blog.
x
Nunzia

crafty said...

A lovely creation. Thank you for joining in the 'for the girls' challenge at Aud Sentiments.
Mary

Marie Bingaman said...

I'm not normally into giraffes, but this one is very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, and I'm sorry for being so late with my comment! :)

~Marie B -DT