{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Sunday 14 February 2021

I'm Dotty About You


Well today is Valentine's Day.  I have already made and published the card I have made for my husband here.  He does not look at my blog so I was safe doing this.  I did though want a tag to go with his presents.  I recently saw a set of stamps by Daisy Mae Designs entitled "Love is in the Air" at Craft Stash and just had to have it.  I have a toy Dalmatian that goes with us when we go away so this stamp reminded me of Jasper. 

I die-cut three tags, two from white card and one from a scrap of thick brown paper from a The Works paper pad using Lisa Horton's tag dies.  On the bottom tag I used an AALL & Create dotty stamp set and a satin red Versafine ink and stamped dots around the edge.  The brown tag I then stuck on top and added some peel-off borders to the edge.  To the top tag I used the Dalmatian stamp and stamped with black Versafine and coloured in with Promarkers.  I then used my heart stencil with my Festive Berries distress ink.  I then stamped the sentiment "I'm dotty about you" and finally added some sequins for some sparkle.

About 2-3 years ago I stopped buying wrapping paper.  Instead I bought a very long roll of brown parcel paper and cut a piece off I want and then stamp all over it depending on who it is for eg flowers, hearts etc.  The picture above shows the tag along with the presents for my husband.

I am entering this tag into the following challenges:

CRAFT - Not a card
Aud Sentiments - Anything goes and a sentiment
Ally's Angels - Anything goes
Crafty Catz - Anything goes with the optional twist to add some metal
Polkadoodles - Anything goes
Cute as a Button - Anything goes
QKR Stampede - Anything goes
Love to Scrap - Love is .......
Creative Craft Cottage - Happy Valentine's/love
Creative Moments - Anything goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything goes with the option of heart and soles
More Mixed Media - Anything goes with the option of red
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything goes
The Corrosive Challenge - Anything goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything goes
Word Art Wednesday - Anything goes
Allsorts - Masculine
2 Crafty Critters - Anything goes with critters
Gem of a Challenge - Anything goes

15 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

A super tag. I love to use brown paper. Easy to add colourful tags and embellishments. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Sheryl said...

Fabulous Tag Kym.
Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx
TTCRD DT

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous tag Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
My Blog As I do Rodos

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Back to say . Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck Ginny DT for Creative Craft Cottage
My Blog As I do Rodos

Joy Wilson said...

Super cute tag! I love the color scheme! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
Hugs, Joy
JoyWilsonInk
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Owner and Coordinator

Melissa said...

Great project. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles Challenge xx

creationsnz said...

Your layered tag is great with your theme carried through all the layers. Great idea with the brown paper too. So glad you joined us this month at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies, CarolG

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Another lovely project Kym. Thank you so much for joining us at Cute as a Button Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Wendy Batchen DT for https://cuteasabuttonchallenge.blogspot.com/

Brenda said...

What a wonderful tag and I love that you create your own wrapping paper. It's such a great idea. Thanks for sharing with us over at CRAFT Challenge this week.

Mummylade said...

Very nice project! Thank you for joining us this week at Allsorts Challenge

Jane Savage said...

Love this tag, Kym what a great image!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

Catrin Goodwin said...

Love these tags! that dog and hearts background it so lovely - Thank you for joining us at LPCF! hope to see you again!

Vivi Casale said...

so beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create!
xx
Vivi

Loose Stitches said...

Fabulous creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Cute As A Button. We hope to see you again.
~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at the Love to Scrap Challenge.

Helen x