{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Friday 19 February 2021

Happy Birthday - Celebrate Your Day


It was my friend's birthday on Monday.  We haven't seen each for a couple of years as we live in East Anglia and she lives on the South Coast.  We were at school together until her family moved down there.  She was my bridesmaid at my wedding 29.5 years ago.  Not my usual style of card for her but because of the COVID-19 pandemic and what it is doing to the world I thought what better to have a fantasy world card where there is no COVID-19 pandemic, no people having to look after people getting poorly with it, no restrictions of what you can and cannot do and most of all people not dying because of it.

For my card I have used my new USB by Debbi Moore called "The Amazing World of Oz".  It's an amazing USB with stunning images/papers etc.

For my card I have used one of the scenes and printed it out A5 size twice onto photo paper so I could cut it down a bit and decoupage it.  Yes it took a while to cut around the image but worth it.  I have used a backing paper, insert ribbon strip and sentiments all off the USB.

As I wanted the scene to be the main focus on the card I have just simply finished the card off with a spotty organza bow.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything goes
QKR Stampede - Anything goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything goes with the option of heart and soles
Creative Fingers - Anything goes
Crafty Catz - Anything goes with the option of in the garden
Polkadoodles - Anything goes
Word Art Wednesday - Anything goes
Crafty Creations - Anything goes
Creative Moments - Anything goes
The Corrosive Challenge - Anything goes
CD Sunday Plus - Anything goes (Debbi Moore USB used)

11 comments:

Pamela said...

A great card Kym your friend will love it.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Carol said...

I agree with all your reasons for picking your subject and image. A super card for your friend.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

aussie aNNie said...

Another fabulous one here Kym, . Many thanks for your entry at Polkadoodles Challenge this time, very impressive make. Look forward to see you enter our next challenge if you can.
aNNie DT Member
https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

Fiona said...

Such a great card - and look no masks! It is hard isn't it especially for us here in the UK where we are on lockdown yet we see others in the world not being as restrictive as we are. Travelling to the magical land of Oz would be so therapeutic - in fact travelling anywhere would be good. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create.

Jocelyn said...

A lovely card and I like your choice of ribbon to finish it off. I'm sure your friend will love it and thank you for the story behind the card. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Great card, from a CD with some wonderful designs and images, I agree making a card with no connection to what is happening in the world, I hope she loves her card
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Billie A said...

Awesome card. Your friend will love it. I am so glad you shared over at Crafty Catz.

Seafield Jo said...

This is a lovely card which has been made with a lot of thought and love. I'm sure your friend was delighted with it.

Let's hope it's not too much longer before we're all able to meet up with our friends once again.

Thanks for sharing another of your beautiful cards with us.


Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

Judy V said...

Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for Week 8 at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge!

Sandy said...

Fantastic creation. Love the Wizard of Oz images. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
Hugs, Sandy DT

sweetpea said...

A card with a difference. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Polkadoodles challenge Janet dt