{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Saturday 14 November 2020

Passion for Promarkers Challenge - Fancy Frames


Last month when we were away I bought a little box for small notes with a drawer underneath.  It was 100% OK when I got it but by the time I got it back to the caravan there was a deep cut in the top.  Well I couldn't leave it like that so I decided to make a new top for it.

The image I have used is by Ching-Chou Kuik and is called "Sweet Pal".  I coloured my image in with my Promarkers.  I think I must use purple shades too much as I need to go and source some more purple Promarkers as I cannot be without them.

The backing papers I have used are from The Works.  I got a beautiful paper pad at the same time as this note box and it has lovely purple/pink/blue shades.  I was loathe to cut into it but I did.  I am hoping when they are next back open after the lockdown in the UK I can go and get another one.  I used a piece of plain purple pad from The Works and cut out a Marianne Designs frame.  I've had this for a long time but I could never get it to cut out easily with my manual die-cutting machines but as soon as I used my Gemini machine it cut like a breeze.

I have finished off the top with some Sue Wilson die-cut greenery, punched flowers and Nuvo pearl drops.

I am entering this project into the following challenges: 

Passion for Promarkers - Fancy frames
Love to Scrap - Anything goes
Unicorn Challenge - Anything goes
Love to Craft - Anything goes
QKR Stampede - Anything goes
Lemon Shortbread - Anything goes
Crafty Calendar - Anything goes
Creative Moments - Anything goes
Di's Digis - Use a digi
Digi Choosday - Anything goes

8 comments:

Heather said...

How pretty!! And what a great way to "fix" the cut in the top of the box! I'm sure it is even prettier this way, anyway! Love all your punches flowers. Thanks for playing with LTSCB and Di's Digi Designs.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A super project for our challenge this week at Passion for Promarkers, thank you for sharing it with us.
Lorraine DT

Gale said...

Beautiful card Kym! Thank you for sharing with us over here at the Crafty Calendar Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
Gale DT for
http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.com/

From

Ilonka said...

Such a beautiful card, thanks for joining us at the Unicorn Challenge.
Hugs Ilonka DT

Julie said...

Beautifully framed card, Kym - love the abundance of flowers! Thanks for joining in our challenge at a Passion for Promarkers this week, good luck! Juliexx

The Crafty Den said...

A great way to upcycle your box Kym. I love your beautiful image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at PFP this week and good luck in the prize draw. Hugs, Denise x

The Crafty Den said...

A fab way to upcycle your damaged box Kym. I love your beautiful image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at PFP this week and good luck in the prize draw. Hugs, Denise x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Thanks for sharing this amazing make with us at Love to Craft and have a blessed holiday season! XOX, Aimeslee DT