{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Sunday 3 May 2020

Especially for You


 I have made this card for a friend to cheer them up whilst we are going through such a tough time in the world.  I thought I would use this Bugaboo image from the Chihuahua Puppy Set (which includes two other images).  I thought this little chihuahua springing up inside a cup would cheer anyone up.  I have coloured the image in with Promarkers, chalked the background for a very subtle effect and used a brown Versa Magic chalk ink pad around the edge.

The main paper/card I used for the card was from a set of DCWV paper pad that my son gave to me.  I thought this backing paper with coffee beans on it was perfect for the job - although looking at all those coffee beans made we want some "proper" coffee!!

A while back I won a challenge but unfortunately my prize never arrived.  Some weeks later a package arrived and inside was a Studiolight set of dies and some stamps as the person was disappointed I had not got my first prize.  This was so nice of her.  I have used the Studiolight dies for the first time.  I'm not sure if they are supposed to make a little journal but I made into a card.  I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the "ripped out of a book edge" and will certainly use that more.

I used some texture stamps on the inside around the writing mount I did with the die and you can see this stamping through the ripped edge.
Here is a view of the card standing up on the ripped edge.

I have finished the card off with some John Lockwood greenery die-cuts, John Lockwood Lattice Flowers die-cuts (one out of plain brown and the top layer from scraps of the coffee bean card), a die-cut sentiment (that sentiment "especially for you" keeps making me hum the song by Kylie Minogue and Jason Donavon!!), Glossy Accents to the chihuahua's eyes/nose/tongue and finally some dots in the centres of the flower and on the image background with my Viva Decor bronze pen.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Love to Scrap - Anything goes
Love to Craft - Anything goes
Creative Fingers - Anything goes
Crafts Galore Encore - Anything goes
2 Crafty Critters - Anything goes with critters
Crafty Hazelnut Patterned Paper May Challenge - Anything goes (coffee bean paper used)
Cut It Up! - Friends and die-cuts (card made especially for a friend to cheer them up during the current pandemic)
Bugaboo Challenge - Anything goes
Simon Says - Anything goes
Die-cut Divas - Make it a beverage
I Love Promarkers - Anything goes
Word Art Wednesday - Anything goes
Passion for Promarkers - Animals
The Paper Shelter - A shaped card
The Krafty Chicks - Anything goes
QKR Stampede - Anything goes
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything goes

19 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute image and beautiful die-cut flowers.Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
Carol DT x

Michelle N. said...

That is an adorable card-love the puppy! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

Arlene said...

You never know when a beverage will contain a dog. Very cute! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Linda Mc Enery said...

What a beautiful story behind this sweet creation - from the paper from your son to the wonderful surprise gift! Love the brown tones and how they allow your bright cup to pop off the page. Love it!! Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Promarkers!
Linda

Joy Wilson said...

Darling card! It's perfect for our anything goes challenge! Thanks for playing along with us!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Bugaboo DT

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Such acute image and fabulous card to enter in to our challenge this week at Passion for Promarkers.
Lorraine DT

Nat said...

This is so cute! Thank you for sharing at PFP
Natx

Karen Page said...

You are so right... this pup would make anyone smile! It sure worked on me 😁 I love his expression!!! It almost looks as though he took the teacup for a little spin and came out dizzy 🤪 Thank you so much for the smile, and for sharing your creation with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies!!!

Bella Création (Iza) said...

LOVE the puppy, Beautiful creation!
thank you for sharing your projet at the Paper Shelter challenge. Hope to see you again!

Iza DT

New Creations said...

Love this cute puppy image with your beautiful layout and design, these flowers are so perfect touch up!
Thanks for joining at Cut It Up Challenges!
DT Vinita Jain

Nance said...

That is one cute puppy image! That would cheer anyone up. Glad you joined with us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week.

Lisa Bird said...

Fantastic card and image. Thank you for joining us at I Love Promarkers Blog Challenge
Best Wishes Lisa xx
craftycard-designs.co.uk

Lisa Lynn said...

Kym great card to cheer someone and remain positive during this time. Your card is adorable. Just love the textures and that pup is too cute. Thanks for joining in the Catch the Bug Anything Goes Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.

Chrissy said...

So cute he made me smile..
Thank you so much for joining in with us at 613 Avenue Create..hope you will play along again..

Luv CHRISSYxx

KathyA. said...

Kym, what a fun card! Thanks for joining us at the QKR Stampede Challenge. DT Kathy [myasperations.blogspot.com] PS Sorry I'm a bit late at posting this. I have no excuse except that social isolation is making me a bit dingy!!

Patty Sue 2 said...

Love your card. It just made me smile! Thank you for joining the fun at The Paper Shelter. I hope you will play with us again!

Andree said...

A fabulously fun card. Great design and image.
Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore May Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x

Whimsey said...

That image is hilarious!!

TY for joining us at Love to Scrap!
~Michele, DT

Cards by Beckie said...

Such a cute image on this card. Thank you for sharing at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Beckie x