{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Friday 10 January 2020

Ching-Chou Kuik's Digital Stamps Inspiration Post - Friday 10 January 2020

Here is my weekly inspiration post for the Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Monthly Challenge Blog.

Before I do I'd like to remind you that our challenge this month is:

 "NEW YEAR OR NEW BEGINNINGS eg new baby, new home, new job or even new craft stash".


Here is my inspiration post with that theme. 
With being the Design Team Leader for both the Blog Challenge and Facebook Challenge I like to keep all my notes in one place so I decorate a notebook to use for the year.

The notebook was painted with white gesso and then two coats of Hobbycraft gold acrylic paint.  Once dry I sanded back areas to show the white to make it look distressed.

This year I have used the Ching-Chou Kuik image called "Poppy in Blue".  I have coloured the image in with Promarkers, highlighted areas with my white Posca pen and inked around the edge with Tim Holtz's Tea Dye distress ink.

Last year I won a challenge and was sent a prize.  Sadly it didn't arrive but a few months later another package arrived with some Studiolight dies and stamps as Jolanda felt bad that I'd not received the first prize so for my decorated notebook I have used the Studiolight die with like the page ripped out of a notebook and used the fancy die both ends of the mat and inked all around with the Tea Dye distress ink.

For my birthday I got some mdf die-cuts from a friend and one said "Hello" so I thought I would use it so I could say hello to 2020.  I used a gold pen to colour the image putting on two layers.

I have used various die-cuts:  the numbers "2020" were cut out twice in gold and cream so I could layer up for some dimension; John Next Door greenery die-cut and Sara Davies' mesh die-cut (from her nautical range).

I have finished the book cover off with a fabric butterfly, stamped Sheena Douglas poppy (which I did four layers of for dimension) and a button.

Last year my decorate notebook I added fibres and ribbons to it but sometimes I fold a book over like this and couldn't do it so this year it is fibres and ribbon free!!

I am entering this decorated notebook into the following challenges: 

Lemon Shortbread - Anything goes
A Perfect Time to Craft - Anything goes
Moving Along with the Times - All things new (new decorated book for the start of 2020 to keep all my design team information in)
Classic Design Challenge - Anything goes
Love to Craft - Anything goes
Love to Scrap - Anything goes
Digi Doodle Studio - Something new (new decorated book for my design team work)
Cardz 4 Galz - Haberdashery (button)
Craft Rocket - Something new (new decorated book for the start of 2020 to keep all my design team information in)
Brown Sugar - Anything goes
Crafty Friends - Something new (new decorated book for the start of 2020 to keep all my design team information in)
Let's Craft and Create - Anything goes with the option of "love is in the air"
Dragonfly Dreams - Anything goes
Always Fun - Something new (new decorated book for the start of 2020 to keep all my design team information in)
613 Avenue Create - Anything goes with the option to make it shiny
Get Creative - Something new (new decorated book for the start of 2020 to keep all my design team information in)
Incy Wincy - Anything goes
Simon Says - Something new (new decorated book for the start of 2020 to keep all my design team information in)
A Place to Start - Anything goes with the option of CAS
Make my Monday - Anything but square
Creative Craft Cottage - Anything goes
Crafty Sentiments - Anything goes
Digi Choosday - Anything goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything goes
Tuesday Throwdown - Something new (new decorated book for the start of 2020 to keep all my design team information in)
I Love Promarkers - Anything goes
Simon Says - Fun with Florals
Penny's Paper - Anything goes
The Paper Shelter - New beginnings (new decorated book for the start of 2020 to keep all my design team information in)
Through the Purple Haze - Anything goes
CRAFT - Anything goes
Cute Card Thursday - Embellish! (flower and button)
Ally's Angels - Anything goes
Creative Fingers - Anything goes
QKR Stampede - Anything goes
Polkadoodles - Anything goes

36 comments:

Michelle said...

This is so lovely and such a good idea - thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and good luck - Michelle x

Tristan said...

What a lovely notebook. Great colouring on your main image and I love the crumpled gold behind her. Thanks for joining us at GCC this Month. Tristan DT.

Chrissy said...

Fabulous and gorgeous project Kym..
Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Chrissy DT  https://classicdesignchallenge.blogspot.com/

meg said...

Beautiful notebook love the gold distressed background and the gorgeous image thank you for joining in at MMM

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous image beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

Sue - said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz for Galz.

Mel Gee said...

Gorgeous love the gold and flowers. Thank you for entering our Challenge at Dragonfly Dreams https://http://dragonflydreamschallenges.blogspot.com/
Regards
Mel DT
https://melgeecrafts.com/

Dawn Phillips said...

Such a lovely project. I love all the little aspects to it. It's so much more than an image on a project. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

Sheryl said...

A beautiful note book cover. Love your colour choice.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx
CRAFT DT
Cat Crazy Craft Corner {My Blog}

Sheryl said...

Back again Kym. I really like the die cut sentiment and the flower embellishment. Both add dimension to your project.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at I Love Promarkers looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx
ILP DT
Cat Crazy Craft Corner {My Blog}

Sheryl said...

And again lol
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl
TTCRD DT
Cat Crazy Craft Corner {My Blog}

Jackie C said...

Such a fabulous project Kym xxx So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create.
Please come back again!
The best of luck with your entry.
Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

My Crafting corner said...

What a great project Kym. Thank you for joining our challenge at
Let's Craft and Create this week and good luck.. Ursula Uphof DT

Billie A said...

Very pretty notebook. I like the gold background and the cute image. Thanks for sharing over at Always Fun Challenge.

anncreatief said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck. Have a nice day
Anneke DT

Chana Malkah said...

A very pretty and shiny way to start the New Year! Thanks so much for sharing with us and accepting the challenge at 613 Avenue Create.
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

crafty-stamper said...

Beautifully decorated notebook cover and coloured image love the gold background.Thank you for joining us at Craft Rocket
Carol DT x

Dolphine said...

beautiful card Thanks for joining us at TPS Christine DT

Debbie Mageed said...

Wow, this planner is so inspirational! Love the focal image and all of the beautiful shimmer. I'm sure you will be reaching for it all year long. Thank you for playing with us at Make My Monday and hope you can join us again soon.

Patsy Long said...

Stunning project. Beautiful colouring. Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Doodles. Good luck with your entry - Patsy

Dawn Sirdefield said...

What a joy to be able to use this fabulous notebook each and every day Kym. I love that muted background to the image. All in all, I just love this. Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at Digi Choosday looking forward to see you again soon.
Hugs Dawn xx
DIGI CHOOSDAY DT
Cards for all Occasions {My Blog}

Chana Malkah said...

I like this even more on second glance! That gorgeous cover will make opening it and delving into the work of keeping up with blog stuff easier! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place To Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Mariann Jakobsen said...

Nice notebook. Thank you for joining us at Ally's Angels Challenge Blog. Good luck! xoxo DT-Mariann

Elizabeth Hart said...

Wow - this is simply gorgeous as a notebook cover. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Stunning book cover.. Love the gold with the pops of red. Thanks for playing with us this month at A Place To Start Challenge, 613 Avenue Create and this fortnight at Trimmie's C.R.A.F.T AJ DT APTSC///613///TC

Saphron said...

This is so lovely! I love the notebook page die. Beautiful!
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's, and good luck with your entry! :)

~ DT Saphron
Lemon Biscuit

Kyla said...

What a brilliant idea! I love the notebook idea. Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Kyla DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/

kReN said...

Great project! kReN@ afourthlife on the QKR DT.

* Shell B.* said...

Beautifully created book cover, love the gold coloring!!
So glad you shared with us at 613 Avenue Create for the challenge! Good Luck!

¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
Hugs DT~Shell 💕

Aunty Sue said...

Another lovely card and image thanks for sharing with us at crafty catz this week

Loose Stitches said...

Such a beautiful creation Kym, love it! Thank you for sharing with us over at Let's Craft and Create. We hope to see you again.
~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

Jolanda's Blog said...

What a great idea to use the die on that notebook!! I love your creation.
Jolanda xxx

Susan Hogan said...

Such a great front piece. Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start for our January challenge.

Judy V said...

Thanks for sharing your fabulous project with us at Digi Doodle Studios Challenge!

Helen said...

A wonderful creation - thanks for sharing it with us at the Love to Craft Challenge Blog.

Helen x

cohenna said...

Beautiful!! Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage Challenge this time and good luck :)