{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Saturday 20 July 2019

Happy 28th Anniversary Husband 💕

💕  💕  💕  💕  💕  💕  💕  💕  💕  💕
Today is a very special day today for my husband and myself as it is our 28th wedding anniversary.  Our time together has had some good times but unfortunately the majority of our married life bar a few years I have been unwell so that has been an added strain for my husband.  We have managed 28 years together and have two wonderful sons so that cannot be too bad can it?

Recently I won a challenge and got to pick some images from Dr Digi as my prize.  As soon as I saw the image "Flossie's Day Out" I knew I wanted it for our anniversary card.  I had a moped for a few years when I first started work and hated it and fell of numerous times.  We go to Skegness quite often and regularly see motorbikes with sidecars and I've said to my husband that I'd love a ride in a sidecar - but I'd doubt I'd get in one with my health and where would my walking stick go?  We can dream though!!!

Not sure what my husband will think of his card.
I have coloured the Dr Digi image called "Flossie's Day Out" with my Promarkers.  I have decoupaged the lights from some dimension and added Glossy Accents to their glasses.  I have edged the image with a tyre stamp I had in my stash from a magazine freebie and also used a little dotty stamp as well using a grey Prism ink pad.

The backing papers are from Summertime Designs who no longer seems to be around anymore as she made gorgeous papers.

I have finished the card off with stamped sentiments, die-cut the numbers "2" and "8" 4 times and stuck them together to make them more pronounced on the card and added some red/white/blue ribbon to match the colour scheme of the card.

The Promarkers that I have used are:

Face/skin - Saffron, Spice and Oatmeal
Hair/beard - Ice Grey 1 and Ice Grey 2
Sidecar/motorbike - Red, Berry Red, Crimson, Ice Grey 1, Ice Grey 2, Ice Grey 3, Black, Lemon, Yellow and Purple
Flossie/her biker friend/helmets - Amethyst, Purple, Mulberry, Arctic Blue, Sky Blue, Leaf Green, Bright Green, Ice Grey 2 and Ice Grey 3.

Now just for a laugh here are a few photos of us 28 years ago:
     
I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Crafty Friends - Two or more patterned papers
Creative Fingers - Anything goes
Crafts Galore Encore - Anything goes
Pearly Sparkles - Anything goes
Brown Sugar - Anything goes
Word Art Wednesday - Anything goes
A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything goes
Digi Choosday - Anything goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything goes
Lemon Shortbread - Anything goes
Passion for Promarkers - Colours of summer
Cardz for Guyz - Transport
Penny's Paper - Anything goes
Krafty Chicks - Stars and stripes (stars and stripes on two different backing papers)
Cute Card Thursday - Bright colours
QKR Stampede - Anything goes
Crafty Catz - Anything goes with the optional twist of Christmas in July
Polkadoodles - Anything goes
Sweet Stampin' - You've got to have friends (my best friend is my hubby who I've known for 31 years but we've been married 28 years today)
A Gem of a Challenge - Anything goes
💕  💕  💕  💕  💕  💕  💕  💕  💕  💕

27 comments:

Creaine said...

Fabulous creation, love the design! Thank you for sharing with us over at Crafty Friends and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you again next time. Thank you.
DT Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Aww, that's the best celebration ever! Congratulations. A lovely entry for our 'Friendship' challenge at Sweet Stampin' this week. I bet this card makes hubby smile! Happy Anniversary. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

Sue - said...

What a great card for your anniversary! Thanks for joining us at Cardz for Guyz.

Julie said...

Brilliant card, Kym!! Thanks for joining in my Summer Colours challenge at Passion for Promarkers, good luck! Juliexx

Becca Sadler said...

Kym: Thanks for entering another card at PPCC blog this week! And congratulations for achieving 28 years in your marriage! Make sure to celebrate! I enjoyed reading your story that explains your choice of image for your husband's card!! :) Becca/DT

Narelle Fasulo said...

Happy Anniversary. What a great card. I am sure he got a giggle from it.
Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles.
Narelle DT

Saphron said...

Congratulations!! 28 years - wow! In September we'll be celebrating our 2nd anniversary. This card is just so adorable - perfect stamp! I love all your clever additions of the stamps around them and glossy accents. Also, your wedding pictures are stunning!
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's, and good luck with your entry! :)

Aunty Sue said...

What a fun card love the image and congrats on your anniversary. Thanks for sharing at PFP this week

ScrappyHorses said...

It's always fun to take a look back at wedding pictures! A big congrats to you and your husband! This card is so much fun; I'm sure he's going to love it and the memories it brings back. Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Choosday! ~Katrina

Maria Nicotra Tinyworks said...

Thank you for joining us at challenge Lemon Shortbread
DT Maria

Dori Shelton said...

I saw your card on the “A gem of a challenge” link up and just wanted to pop by and tell you this is so cute! I love that image, the patterned papers and colors just work really well together! Congrats on your 28 years together, that is indeed wonderful!

Nance said...

Super card! Love the coloring, design patterns. Happy Anniversary too! Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks Challenge.

Petra-loves-paper said...

Happy birthday with your 20th anniversary! Your cards gives me a smile on my face, beautiful! Thanks for joining digichoosday challenge, greetings Petra

Jac’s Playground said...

This is a fabulous card Kym and congratulations on 28 years, a wonderful achievement, Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

Tangii said...

Happy anniversary! Hope your hubby loved the card, it's super cute!!! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks challenge, hope to see you again.

Judy V said...

Fun card! Thanks for joining us for Week #29 at Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge!

Diane Louise J said...

Hello Kym… Thanks for joining our ‘use 2 or more patterned papers’ challenge with another one of your lovely cards… Your wedding anniversary card is fun and im sure your husband will love it. Congrats on your 28th anniverary. Lovely wedding photos too. Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck in the draw!
Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Alex (PinkCraftyMama) said...

congratulations and a very happy anniversary to you! That image is just wonderful! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards, Alex aka PinkCraftyMama
TTCRD DT
PinkCraftyMama.com {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Sian said...

A brilliant card. I love the image and how you've put it all together. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Sian (DT).

N-Eva said...

Gorgeous card, a great image and design. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Creatalicious Challenges . Hugs Neva

Cazro said...

Happy anniversary, I'm sure your husband will love the card. Great colouring, a fabulous fun card to celebrate your marriage. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. We value your support. Caz. DT.

Andree said...

A fabulously fun card. Great papers and image.
Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore July Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x

Creative world said...

Stunning make ...thank you for joining us at A GEM OF A CHALLENGE this week
Željka DT xx

Elizabeth Hart said...

What a fabulous and fun card - love it for your 28th anniversary. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Melanie said...

A fab card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional bright & fun” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Simply Create Too)



PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…

Melanie said...

Come back over to Creatalicious Challenges soon. There's a surprise waiting for you here
...

Hugs,
Melanie

Melanie said...

Come back over to Creatalicious Challenges very soon.
There's a surprise waiting for you here
.

Hugs,
Melanie

(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)