{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Friday 22 March 2019

Ching-Chou Kuik's Digital Stamps Inspiration Post - Friday 22 March 2019

Here is my weekly inspiration post for the Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Monthly Challenge Blog.

Before I do I'd like to remind you that our challenge this month is "SPRING/EASTER".

This week the Design Team were challenged to "USE SOME FLOWERS".

Here is my inspiration post with that theme.
For my bright and cheery card I have used the Ching-Chou Kuik image called "Autumn's Here".  I have coloured her in with my Promarkers and used pearlescent chalks for a delicate background.

I have used some new Sue Wilson octagonal dies that I got from Christmas "from me to me"!!  I used a sunflower stamp and a toffee Versafine ink pad to stamp the sunflowers onto some yellow card before cutting out with the dies.  I then used kraft card for the card base.  Normally I print four images to a page but to make sure the image would fit in the die I printed two images per page so I had a bit of legroom when placing the image before cutting with one of the plain dies.

From some of the backing paper I made with the stamps I cut out the sunflowers, cut between some leaves, inked around with a brown Versa chalk ink pad, shaped and then added brown seed beads to the centre.

I have finished the card off with some greenery die-cuts which I coloured with a bright green Promarker and a die-cut sentiment.

The Promarkers that I have used are: 

Face/skin - Saffron, Spice and Oatmeal
Hair - Cinnamon, Tan and Caramel
Dress - Pastel Pink, Salmon Pink and Blush
Sunflowers/leaves/other flowers - Lemon, Yellow, Cocoa, Umber, Bright Green, Leaf Green and Antique Pink.

I am entering this card into the following challenges: 

Love to Scrap - Anything goes
Love to Craft - Anything goes
Crafting with Friends - Anything goes
Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge - Anything goes
Classic Design Team Open Challenge - Anything goes
Get Creative - Anything goes with the option of anything but a card
Artistic Inspirations - Anything goes
Di's Digi Designs - Tic-tac-toe (1st horizontal line of sentiment, flowers and hand coloured image)
The Corrosive Challenge - Anything goes
Ally's Angels - Anything goes
Scrapbook Stamp Society - Anything goes with the option of flowers
Crafty Creations - Anything goes
Lemon Shortbread - Anything goes
As You Like It - Favourite - dies or stencils (I have to say I like both but if I had to choose one it would have to be dies.  I love the flexibility of dies as you can use them as a focal point (shaped dies), use them for your sentiments (either the sentiment as a die or as a mount for a stamped sentiment) and as embellishments (like borders, corners, greenery and my absolute favourite making flowers with dies)
Creatalicious - Anything goes with the option of monochrome
A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything goes
Crafting from the Heart - Anything goes
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything goes
Crafty Sentiments - Shaped cards
Passion for Promarkers - Springtime (flowers and bright and cheery colours)
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything goes
Digi Choosday - Anything goes
I Love Promarkers - Anything goes with the option to use something blue
Crafting by Designs - Blooming flowers
The Paper Shelter - Girl power
Penny's Paper - Anything goes
Creative Fingers - Anything goes
Creative Moments - Anything goes
QKR Stampede - Anything goes
Crafty Catz - Anything goes with the option of "make it square"
Polkadoodles - Anything goes

19 comments:

Megan J said...

Hi Kym, a pretty card, love the sunflowers you have added. Thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends... good luck in the prize draw...
Megan DT LPoCF

Brenda said...

Another gorgeous card, such soft sweet coloring. Thanks for sharing with us at As You Like It Challenge this week!

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card . Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck
Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
My Blog As I do Rodos

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creation Kym! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge. Love to see you join in each month.
~ Sherry DT/Admin/Coordinator xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful Kym
Thanks for join us at
{ScrapbookStampSociety DT Member}

Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

CraftyNatalie said...

Great girl power themed creation. Thanks for joining us at The paper shelter this week.

DeniseD said...

Very nice card! Love the image, coloring and the shape of the card! Thanks for joining us at Craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! I love the layout and your color scheme! Thanks for joining us at Crafting by Designs!

Sherri said...

Darling card and cute, cute image! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

Cards By MI said...

Sweet card with lovely flowers. Looks fabby! Thanks for joining us over at PFP this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Rae Ann said...

The flowers you made are gorgeous! They look so great with the beads. Love the sunny yellow! It is so cheerful and fun.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs for our Shaped Cards challenge.

Annemi said...

Wonderful card as always. Love the layout and coloring. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Ann-Marie
TTCRD DT
Annemi {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Keen Crafter's Hand Made Goodies said...

Beautiful card .Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Team Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

Michelle DT

Keencrafter's Hand Made Goodies 

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

What a great project! Such a fun design. Thanks for sharing it with us at Digi Choosday good luck and hope to see you again!

Jennifer, DT

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at LTSC, good luck!!! Amy DT

creatingandsharingit.blogspot.com said...

This is a very sweet card, I like the sun flowers you add it. Thank you for play with us in Polkadoodles anything goes challenge, good luck with your entry.

Kim said...

This is a very pretty card. Love the sunflowers. Thanks for sharing and joining the challenge at the Love to Craft Challenge Blog.

Lisa Bird said...

Stunning card.
Thank you for joining us at I Love Promarkers Blog Challenge
Best wishes Lisa
craftycard-designs.co.uk

Melanie said...

A wonderful card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional monochrome” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Simply Create Too)

(DT Aud Sentiments Challenge)



PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…