{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Sunday 3 February 2019

Thank You Card


One of my favourite presenters on Hochanda has to be Phill Martin.  The laughable thing that is until a friend bought me this gorgeousssssssssssss stamp for Christmas I had none of his stamps.  As a thank you for some kind people at work who bought me some chocolates for Christmas I made this "thank you" card for them.

I started off with a plain piece of card and used my Tim Holtz Faded Jeans and Peeled Pain distress inks to colour the sky and grass.  I have then used the Phill Martin rubber stamp "On Safari" with black Versafine via my Tim Holtz stamping platform.  Silhouette stamps can be difficult to stamp but thankfully with one of my best buys for 2018 I could re-stamp the image twice to get a clear impression with the stamping platform.

I then used a Spellbinders label and cut out from white card, stamped a sentiment on it and edged with the Faded Jeans distress ink so it would merge into the sky.

I finished off the card with some matting and layering and nothing else as I wanted this beautiful stamp to do the talking.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Crafting with Friends - Anything goes
Cards Galore Encore - Anything goes
A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything goes
Love to Craft - Anything goes
A Perfect Time to Craft - Anything goes
Love to Scrap - Anything goes with the option of monochrome
Word Art Wednesday - Anything goes
2 Crafty Critters - Anything goes with critters
Stamping Sensations - All things bright and beautiful (for me things like trees, animals and birds are beautiful and we need to be grateful for these)
Love to Create - Anything creative/mixed media goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything goes with the option to use a critter
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything goes

12 comments:

Sheryl said...

This card makes me think of the 'Jungele Book' - the proud lion on the rock is like Simba. Loving the silhouettes against that beautiful background.
So glad you stopped by at 613 Avenue Create.
Hope to see you again soon.
Hugs Sheryl xx

Terry said...

https://welove2create.blogspot.com/ Thank you Kym for entering our Challenge, lovely card you made Thank you for sharing and good luck Hugs Terry (DT) xxx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A fabulous card Kym and it's great to see a card with so much hand stamping on it. The stamps are lovely and I don't own and Phil Martin stamps either but I do love wildlife silhouette stamps, so this card is right up my street. Thank you for joining us in our 'All Things Bright And BEAUtiful' theme challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

brenda said...

I was thinking just the other day I've not seen you for a while Kym, there again I've been MIA for weeks so might be one of the reasons, anyhow this is a gorgeous wildlife creation for our 'All thing Bright and BEAUtiful' theme at Stamping Sensations February challenge, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Chana Malkah said...

This is a beautiful scene! The blending of the background is just super and it all comes together so well. Great job! Thanks for dropping this off by our house here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner/Designer
613 Avenue Create

Donna Ellis said...

Wow, Kym! This could not be more glorious! Gorgeous creation with a marvelous scene! So glad I got to see your critter project showcased at the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge. Hope to see more of your creations in the future. Please check back to see if you are a winner or A Designer Favorite. Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!
Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at LTSC, good luck!!! Amy DT

Sam Squires - A Crafting Niche said...

What a fab scene. I absolutely love the composition. Thank you for taking part in the February "Love To Craft Challenge". DT Sam x

pinky said...

Kim this card is just beautiful. That certainly is a lovely stamp to have. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Hugs
Pinky

pinky said...

Sorry should have said Kym :)

Dawn said...

Stunning silhouette - Thanks for sharing at Crafts Galore Encore Challenge. I wish you the best of luck.

Kim said...

Wow! What an awesome card. Thanks for joining the challenge at Love to Craft Challenge Blog.