{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Monday 28 January 2019

My first and certainly not my last shadow box!!!!

I have wanted to make a shadow box for a long time now.  I decided to have a go at making one for a friend's birthday.

For the shadow box I used my Debbi Moore "My Fair Lady" CD and used backing papers and a topper to make into a many layered picture.  For the flowers I used my Debbi Moore "Art Deco Rome" CD.

It was nice being able to use lots and lots of layers as there was a good depth in the shadow box.  I added some pearls.

When I put it all together in the box I was not keen on a white mount so I used my Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink and I think this worked better.

It took some time to cut all the flowers out and I inked around the edges with a Pumpkin Spice Versa Magic ink pad.

The box was then finished off with a gold and cream organza ribbon.

What I like with the shadow box is that you can hang it on the wall but the depth of the box is enough so it can stand by itself like on a mantelpiece.

Think I will have to think about making a shadow box for myself in the future.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

613 Avenue Create - Anything goes with the option of watercolouring
Artistic Inspirations - Anything goes with the option of you are it
Ally's Angels - Anything goes

7 comments:

Jane Savage said...

Wow Kym this is super gorgeous! Love the sepia tone!
Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create! Jane (DT) xxx

meg said...

Stunning creation Kym, love the colour tones and your lay out, thank you for joining in at CD Sunday.

Jocelyn said...

What a wonderful make. The colours work very well together and such a glamorous image. I've not tried a shadow box but it looks like a great idea.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Wynn said...

Great project Kym. This is a lovely image from a great CD. I love how you’ve highlighted the flowers. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday. WynnDT

Jane Willis said...

Absolutely beautiful, a gift to treasure. Thank you for sharing at CD Sundays.

Carol said...

Fabulous creation Kym. Your lady looks to me like Audrey Hepburn.
A lot of work went into your creation and I hope you feel justly proud of it.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Sheila H said...

This is truly a beautiful gift. Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create.