{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Thursday 13 December 2018

Happy Birthday

 We have a birthday club at work.  Today is my colleague's birthday and it is up to me to buy a card/make a card for her.  Well I haven't bought a card for about 6-7 years so I had to put my thinking cap on what card to make.
In the end I decided to make a 4 xA5 concertina card and use my Debbi Moore "My Fair Lady CD" and used lots of different topper sheets, backing papers and decoupage sheets.

I did decorate the other side of the card fully but I forgot to take a photo before getting my colleagues to sign it.  I also forgot to take a photo of the box I made.  The box turned into a bit of a drama.  I used my boxer board from Crafter's Companion.  I bought the Ultimate in a bargain some years ago from a shopping channel.  Weeks later the Ultimate Pro came out but as my cardmaking budget is limited I could not justify buying another system.  This means when I score the card for boxes I have to hold the card to the edge of the board with my dodgy hands.  It works most of the time but sometimes it's not as accurate and I ended up with a top and bottom that didn't fit!!  Had a second go and it worked out OK and I decorate it with backing paper and toppers from the CD.

I finished the card off quite simply with sentiments off the CD, pearls, ribbon and some beautiful lace I was given some time ago.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

The Corrosive Challenge - Anything goes
Crafting from the Heart - Anything goes
Crafty Creations - Anything goes
The Crafty Addicts - Anything goes/theme of Christmas
Creative Moments - Anything goes/creepmas
Word Art Wednesday - Anything goes
CRAFT - Anything goes

10 comments:

OlgaB said...

Just love the vintage look.
Thank you for joining Creative Moments.
Have a blessed festive season.
Hugs from Africa!
Olga

Carla's Cards said...

A lovely card, thanks for sharing with Crafting from the Heart!

Donna Walls said...

Lovely card, the lady looks like a young Audrey Hepburn. Thanks for joining the Crafty Creations Challenge - Donna, DT Member

Sheryl said...

A stunning My Fair Lady card.
Thanks for joining us st CRAFT.
Hugs Sheryl xx

Brenda said...

Kym, such a beautiful, elegant vintage creation! Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge!

Marg said...

Its a lovely card!! Dont worry about your Ultimate Pro, I have problems getting a lid to fit the base everytime I use it!!! (Mine was a subscription gift with a crafting magazine).
A lovely creation! Good luck and thank you for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges. We hope to see you again soon
Warmest wishes
Marg B, DT member for https://creataliciouschallenges.blogspot.com

@d_e_crafts said...

Lovely vintage project. Thank you for joining us at the CRAFT challenge.

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us at The Crafty Addicts, good luck with your entry hope to see you again soon :)

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional use a stencil” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Simply Create Too)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…

The Red Mullet Band said...

I love your beautiful card!
Congrats!
Thanks for joining us at Corrosive Challenge blog.
Ana Isabel DT Coordinator