{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Sunday 8 November 2015

Home Bookfolding Project

 Here is another bookfolding project I have made.  This time I have used two Debbi Moore CDs - one for the bookfolding pattern and the other was the Shabby Chic Garden CD for the toppers, sentiments and flowers.
 After I had done the bookfolding I painted two coats of gesso onto the front, back spine and inside the book.  I then used various Crafter's Companion Texture Stamps with a toffee, smoky grey and sepai Versafine ink pad to cover over the spine and both sides of the book.  Then I had an idea to use my Indigo Blu flitter glue and guilding flakes which I have had for a few years now.  Unfortunately I think the glue isn't working as it should as all I seemed to do was get in a great mess and very little guilding flakes stayed on the book.  I then decided to use Versamark ink pad and then put over some Debbi Moore brown embossing powder.  This worked but there was still some residual feeling of stickiness so out came my Crafter's Companion Sparkle and Shine.  I made sure I stood outside as these sprays make me cough and cough.
 Next came the time for me to add the toppers from the CD and the sentiments.  
I then cut out a number of the flowers, inked around the edges and then added some pearl drops to the centre.  I have finished the decorated book with some ribbon and then wrapped it up in cellophane to give as a present.

I am entering this bookfolding project into the following challenges:

Create and Inspire - Anything goes
Word Art Wednesday - Anything goes
Inspiration Destination - Anything goes
Creative Fingers - Anything goes
Fussy and Fancy Friday - Flowers
Simply Papercraft Challenge - Anything goes
Your Scrapbook Place - Anything goes
Creative Craft Cottage - Anything goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything goes with option of RAK
Follow on Bloglovin

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kym, what a stunning book folding project. the cover design is beautiful and just love the decoration. Thanks for sharing with us in our challenge at Creative Craft Cottage and we hope to see you again. Jennifer DT member xx

Unknown said...

WOW what an awesome project love the colours and detail, thank you for sharing with us at Creative Craft Cottage
Lyn - DT

Jo Rice said...

A brilliant book folding project and the flowers embellish it to perfection. Thanks for joining us over at the Fussy and Fancy challenge . Jo X

Unknown said...

This is one fine looking project. The folding has been really done wonderfully well. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 208th AG challenge! Blessings, Carole

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and fabulous creation Kym thank you for joining us over on Inspiration Destination
Dianne xx
IDCB DT

Carla's Cards said...

Lovely project, thanks for sharing at Simply Papercraft!

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

I am so amazed by this creation! So amazing and awesome! I just love it! Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Pat said...

You make this art look easy, and I know it's not! Awesome project. Thanks for sharing with us at Your Scrapbook Place challenges this month!

cohenna said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Craft Cottage and good luck!!!

Tindaloo said...

Wow! Such an Awesome creation!! :) Thanks for playing along at Creative Fingers! Hope you will join us again! PS: I got a huge blogcandy if you wanna join in! ♥ Tindaloo

* Shell B.* said...

Wonderful project!
Thanks for sharing with us at Your Scrapbook Place
¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
Shell in Alaska (DT)*