{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Monday 15 August 2011

Get Well Card

A friend's husband had a knee replacement this week.  When I saw this image in the Teddy Bo Store (image is Teddy Bo-063) I couldn't resist buying it to colour in and make into a card for him.  isn't he so cute and he looks like he's struggling a bit trying to get used to crutches.  I have coloured the image in with my trusty Promakers, cut it out with a Nestabilities die and then distressed with my Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass and Faded Jeans distress ink pads.  I have used various pieces of blue scraps of paper from my stash to keep it quite manly looking.  The card is finished off with some ribbon, gems and a Papermania stamp for the sentiment and I have decorated the card inside to match.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Pixie Dust - Boys will be boys
Crafty Sentiments - Punches and die-cuts
Crafts 4 Eternity - Photo inspiration
Fussy and Fancy Friday - Use a lot - gems for me on this one - I think I need some therapy as I have used 8 gems on one card!!!
Mark's Finest papers - Distress our cards
Pile it On - Blue, blue, blue

11 comments:

Carol Hurlock said...

Kym-oh my goodness that is darling. What a precious bear image. I just love it. Thank you so much for playing along with Speedy's Friends Challenge this week. It is such a pleasure to visit to see your work. Hope you can play again with us next week. Good luck in the drawing.

Bear Hug,
Carol

cheryl said...

oh love this image hun one super layout on this,and great color tones,hugs cherylxxx

Beryl K said...

What a fab image for someone who has had a knee op. Great card Kym,
Beryl x

Liz said...

Such a sweet card and great image !!
Thanks for joining us this week at C4E
Liz

Winnie and Patty said...

Kym--what a cute get well card! It's just adorable! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge!

pinky said...

Oh the poor man but its just perfect for the occasion:) Thanks for joining us at C4E this week. Hugs
Pinky

Trish and Treasure said...

Loving all your blue and white cards,especially the car one!

MiamiKel said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining Pixie Dust Studios this week!

Hazel said...

Kym - just the perfect card for your friend's hubby - love it. I am now following you and I look forward to seeing your next creation. Hazel x

michele said...

Gorgeous card thanks for joining us at C4E this week hugs x

Colleen Dietrich said...

Your friend is sure to love this, made just for him and his sore knee! How adorable. :) Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends this week!