{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Tuesday 8 June 2010

Karen's Doodles UK - 2 June 2010



Well I am just about to catch this challenge before it closes.  My hairdresser when I saw her last wanted a very special card for her daughter's Prom this month.  I've had this card planned for weeks but in the end it didn't go down the avenue it was going ie a bigger card as I wasn't happy with my colouring of the image with Promarkers.  In the end I made the image smaller thus making it into an A5 card.  It's times like this with a gorgeous dress like this lady has I'd just like to be able to print onto a patterned paper like you can do with stamped images.  The challenge this week at Karen's Doodles UK Challenge is "Distress It".  The image is Karen's Doodles Beautiful Queen which I thought would be good for this Prom card.   I have used two backing papers from Jak Heath as I had no suitable purple patterned paper in my stash.  I have distressed all the paper edges and the image with Tim Holtz's Dusty Concord Distress Ink Pad.  The card is finished off with some gorgeous lace, Papermania Glitterations, two glittery bows, a sentiment off the computer and some organza ribbon.  Please excuse the photo - this is the best I could do no matter what angle I took it the flash didn't like the silver mirri card arhhhh....


This card also fits the following challenges:


Stamp Something - Digi challenge - digi image and backing papers
Cupcake Craft - Dazzle us 
Pollycraft - Ribbon and bling
Whoopsi Daisy - Ribbon and bows
My Time to Craft - Xtra Special - this is a special card for my hairdresser to give to her daughter on her Prom night.




10 comments:

Viv said...

Kym this is a darling card! Love the colours and your layout. Thanks for joining us at Karens Doodles Uk. Good luck! Viv x

coldwaters2 said...

Gosh Kym you are an elegant streak at the moment another very classy and beautifully designed card both inside and out this is great.
Hugs
Lorraine x

.:♥Marit Pettinga-Meijer♥:. said...

Just gorgeous! Love the colour and that lace is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week!
Hugs, Marit.

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Kym, what a gorgeous card. Love the image and the colour scheme is stunning. Thanks for joining in with my "dazzling" challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

papertrails leaver said...

what an amazing card! I love how you decorated inside as well! A true princess card!

Doodle Queen said...

Kym:

This is an amazing card...very beautiful. I am very proud of you :-)
Hugs, Karen!

Lesley said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Liza said...

Gorgeous work, thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Beccy said...

This is so lovely - great image for a prom. Very cinderellaish.
Thanks for playing along with Whoopsi Daisy this month.

Beccy x

Rleen said...

Kym your card is gorgeous! i love the colors and the sweet image. thanks for joining us at the Whoopsi Daisy this month. hope to see you again next month.
hugs, rleen