{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Sunday 20 June 2010

Crazy 4 Challenges - Saturday 19 June 2010


Well, I had got this project prepared all week to enter the Sweet Pea Stampers sketch challenge (I have attached it in case anyone is interested on the sketch I followed) - only to find once I'd completed it that the challenge is already closed ready for the next challenge tomorrow but I did work it alongside the Crazy 4 Challenges topic this week of paper flowers.  I have used two K&Co papers I've had for a while and turned this card into a vintage style with the colours I used, some lace, some flowers and finally some pearly gems.  The image is coloured in with Promarkers.  The larger of the two images I have just coloured with Tim Holtz's Antique Line Distress Ink Pad and I have stamped around the edge with some of my See D morsel stamps ad then distressed the edges with Tim Holtz's Tumbled Glass Distress Ink Pad.  I have decided to stick some fridge magnets on the back and will stick it my fridge to remind me of my boo-boo of not entering a challenge so quickly.


This project will fit the following challenges:


Bunny Zoe Monthly - Nice and girly
Paper Play - Something old - the little green flowers I have had for ages and ages
Fun With Shapes and More - Flowery
Challenge up Your Life - Vintage
Paper Sundaes - Pretty as a princess
Meljen's Designs - Fibres, ribbon or lace
Crafty Calendar - Bugs and beasties
Our Daily Bread - Flowers - you were given the word FLOWERS and each letter meant something and you had to pick three - I chose f =  flowers, l = lace and s = swirls
By the Cute and Girly - Something old (for me it's the green flowers), something new (cream flowers), something borrowed (idea I borrowed from elsewhere where a stamped image is stamped twice with only a small proportion of the second image cut out and this is mainly the only one that is thoroughly coloured) and something blue(for me it's the blue papers, blue lace and the image was mainly coloured in with blue Promarkers).





11 comments:

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

Beautiful card! I have that stack of papers, I got them when I first started, two years ago, and udes it on my first ever project, I still have 2 of them, and I am not in any hurry to use them because I love them so much! LOL I am however, working on a mino that I will keep myself, it`s going to be a long one! hehe. Thanks for joining us over at BTC&G and Good Luck! X

Mina said...

wow fabulous card Kym, I love the soft colours...perfect for our challenge...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe's monthly challenge
Mina xxx

Alica said...

so soft and pretty! love it!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Crystal said...

Wow, so pretty, love the pastel colours! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes this week ;)

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, what a pretty card...so soft an feminin!! Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Grace said...

So soft and pretty! Love the papers and little flowers! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!

Laura (Faerielore) said...

this card is stunning i love this image, thanks for joining us over at crafty calender xxx

HappyCrafter said...

so calm and lovely. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes :-)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful take on the sketch. Nice soft colors. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!

Bananastamper said...

Very pretty! Love those mini roses
Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes!

Debs said...

A beautiful card..and a fantastic take on my theme...Thanks for joining us at BTC&G and good luck!!....Debs x