{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Sunday 28 March 2010

Card for the Charity Stall


When it was a friend's birthday a couple of months ago she was sent some gorgeous die-cut mats from a friend in Holland.  She kindly shared them with me so I thought it was about time I made some into cards.  I have used various backing papers from my stash and on top of this place a white and gold vellum.  I've never put patterned vellum on top of patterned paper but like the effect.  I've attached the vellum with four brads I bought 1-2 years ago and have never used.  The butterfly is from Papermania and it is a build-your-own- butterfly.  I couldn't cut around the attenae so I made them out of wire instead.  The butterfly I have coloured in with Promarkers and added clear and green Stickles glitter glue to accent the butterfly wings.  I have distressed the edges of the die-cut mount to accentuate the cut area.

This card fits the following challenges:

Paper Sundaes - Photo as inspiration
Stampin' Sisters in Christ - Decoupage using a stamped image
Frosted Designs - Transparency
Flutterby Wednesday - Open theme
Crazy Amigo - Butterflies.


10 comments:

Danni said...

You've been busy!! Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge...again! :-)

Beryl K said...

Great collection of cards today Kym, well done
Beryl x

Helen said...

Very pretty card! That butterfly is gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with us at SSSCC!
Blessings!
~H

Barb Craft said...

Wow.. this butterfly is so life like!! It is gorgeous...as is the border going around it!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Frosted Designs!!
Barb :)

CarlaKH said...

so pretty! The butterfly is just magical! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Becky said...

Beautiful butterfly.

Crystal said...

Wow, love the butterfly! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes this week :)

Bananastamper said...

Such a wondeful card - what a beautiful butterfly! Thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes!
Shanna :)

HappyCrafter said...

So pretty, what a beautiful butterfly!

Kristine said...

Beautiful card!! Love your popped up parts *Ü* Thanks so much for playing along at Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenges last week!!