{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Friday 26 February 2010

Guest Designer Post for Crafty Ann's Challenge Blog



This is my second and last card to make for my Guest Designer Post on Crafty Ann's Challenge Blog.  After the initial surprise at being asked and wondering if my cards would be good enough I have really loved the experience and have enjoyed looking at everyone's entreies to the challenges to see how differently they interpreted the challenge to me.

The topic this week was a little more difficult - celebrate your creativity - something that takes you out of your comfort zone - maybe try a new technique or product or fold/design that you have been shying away from or haven't done/used as often as you would like.

I decided to do a triptych style card but not with the normal columns and did angled sections instead – well I do have to be different!!!  I then coloured the Bridge over Stream image (available from Crafty Ann's Digishop)  with Promarkers and then came another bit I’d not done before.  I did three layers of clear triple embossing using Versamark and clear embossing powder and then put the three pieces in the freezer to harden and then I cracked it.  I then rubbed in some Tim Holtz’s Aged Mahogany Distress Ink well into the cracks and then left to dry before covering with Versamark and another layer of clear embossing powder.  The card was then finished off by matting it onto some Co-ordinations brown card and sanding the edges to release the cream core.  I then matted onto some grey card, two of the polished stone autumn colour backing papers (available from Crafty Ann's Digishop), added some lace that I won in some blog candy, a few peel-off flowers and a peel-off sentiment.  


Not sure I would do the triple embossing of the card/cracking it/re-embossing as it’s a bit too messy for me but it was nice to actually give it a go as I’d seen something similar done about 6 months ago and never got around to doing it.

I would love you to go and visit all the Design Team cards and would love to see your creations if you have the time to take part.


Many thanks to Ann for giving me the opportunity of being a Guest Designer as I have really enjoyed the experience.  I'd love to be asked again in the future.


This card also fits the following challenges:


Scrappy Frogs - Challenge yourself
Cards for Men - Green.

11 comments:

Donnas Den said...

Great card Kym. Very detailed.

Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

Donna xx

Beryl K said...

Great card Kym, glad you have enjoyed your spell as guest DT

Chrissie said...

I love this card Kym!
Such a clever and effective idea and the colouring is wonderful (love the look of that water!)

Nannieflash said...

Hi Kym, wow thats one stunning card, I love scenery cards. Thank you for joining us at Cards for Men, and good luck with the Challenge. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Ann Whitfield said...

This is a fabulous piece of work Kym, I've loved reading everything you did to create it and you certainly stepped out of your confort zone to great effect. You have been a wonderful GD and I am delighted that you'd like to do it again - you can rest assured that you will be asked......
Ann x

Beryl said...

It's been great having you with us on the team Kym. Your card is brilliant. Such a great idea. Well worth getting a bit messy.
Beryl xx

Unknown said...

Wow, truly amazing! Love the image and all of the work you put into this! Thanks for joining us at Scrappy Frogs! Hugs, Stephanie

Spyder said...

Lovely card! I'd loveto have a go, but have so far never bought any distress ink, on my very long 'to buy' list!
(Lyn)

iReneM said...

This has turned out great, Kym.
Your image is coloured beautifully and looks like a pretty watercolour.
I like the 'cracked' effect.

x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Fab card Kym and it was a true challenge. A hard scene to colour or it would be for me anyhow. Well done. Cathy xxx

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

Very cool card!! I've never tried that before. thanks for challenging yourself at Scrappy Frogs!!!!