{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Saturday 20 February 2010

Commissioned Birthday Card


I was asked to make a very very basic birthday card for a little boy who loves looking at motorbikes.  He hates cards with frills on so that was quite a difficult one for me.  Thankfully I was told it would be perfect.  I used some plain card stock from my stash and used some Kanban toppers I received from a friend on Joanna Sheen's Forum.

This card fits the following challenges:

Die Cuts R Us - No designer papers - certainly a very hard one for me and I doubt I'll be alone on this one
Fab n Funky - It's Childish
Raise the Bar - No stamped or digi image - another hard one for me.

8 comments:

Heather Schlatter said...

Thanks for sharing this with us I am sure they loved the Birthday card you came up with!!!!

Thanks for playing in the challenge with us this week I really enjoyed seeing your project!!!

Heather - DCRU DT

~*Joni said...

haha! I love this little boy's honesty - no frills indeed. What a great card with the motorbike pictures! You did a great job not stamping, and yet it will bring a huge smile to his face. :D Thank you for joining us at Raise The Bar this week!

Darlene said...

This is PERFECT! Exactly what the young man will enjoy receiving I'm sure! Thanks for joining us at Raise the Bar this week ... we do hope you'll come back for the next challenge!
And, if you're interested, I have blog candy up for grabs over on MY BLOG.

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Kym thanks for sharing this with us at DCRU. Your card will be appreciated for its fun theme.

Smiles!
Gwen DT@DCRU

Ginny said...

that would have been to hard for me, lol, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

Beryl K said...

Another great card Kym, I love it's simplicity. Also love your choice of music too, I'm a fan of Michael Buble
Beryl x

Sheri Gilson said...

Great card!! I am sure the birthday boy is going to love it!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at DCRU this week!!
Sheri-DCRU DT

Country Mouse said...

Very cool....and creative!!! Thanks for playing along at Raise the Bar!!!
Great job!