{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Saturday 16 January 2010

Card for Four ChallengesThis card



I have made this card for my stash.  I have used some DCWV backing paper I bought last year and didn't finish using this Christmas so it's living on the box on the dining room table ie to be used so it's found a new home on this card!!!

The main image is from a Papermania stamp and you could buy the ladies shopping stamps to go with it.  I just bought the backing as I thought it would be a nice back-drop stamp and I have stamped with Memento and then coloured in with Promarkers.  Next came the messy bit of scribbling on some Quickie glue pen, letting it dry a tad and then dabbing with a cheap cotton wool pads to get the fluffy bits onto the image.  I then dabbed with a Sno Writer in various places over the roofs, grass and pathway and left to dry a tad before heating from the back.  It worked perfectly and feels very textural.  I then inked the edge of the image with Tim Holtz's Denim, Peeled paint and Brushed Courhuroy Distress Ink pads.  I have stamped a little girl from a Personal Impressions set that I had bought and hadn't used and coloured her in with Promarkers.  The card is finished off with some fibres and ticket sentiment from Allissa's Paper Town.

This card fits the following challenges:

Susie and Vicki's Xmas Club - Snow

Fussy and Fancy Friday - Winter

Sophisticats Challenge Blog - Doth the North Wind Blow


13 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Kym
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and becoming a Follower - I really appreciate it.
Love the way you've created the snow effect on this card, and the background scene is fabulous! Wishing you lots of luck in the challenges.
Sylvia xxx

Annie said...

Fantastic Kim - not seen these stamps but wow I would love that backdrop stamps with the shops -so useful. Love what you have done with it.
Thanks for joining us at Bah! Humbug! - we are all gonna be so chilled out next Christmas as all our cards will be made in advance.

Ann xxx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Kym, wow you've been sobusy since my last visit with so many gorgeous makes!. I adore the latest card, and what a great idea with the cotton wool for snow!!! might have a go at that one myself hunny. I love the flowers your husband brought you, he is definitely one in a million, butyou so deserve them my friend. I hope to email you over the next week. Have an enjoyable weekend hunny, big hugs Linda x

Teri said...

Lovely cheerful card hun!
Thanks for joining in with my challenge at Sophisticats this week.
Hugs,
Teri (GD)
x

Irene said...

Hello Kym

What a fabulous card, I love your background papers they are gorgeous, as is the stamped image. You idea about using cotton wool is great - note to self must remember this, and the little ticket sentiment - perfect.

Thank you for joining us at Bah!Humbug.

luv
irene
xxxx

Unknown said...

Great card, I love the scene you've created.

Thanks for playing along with us at Sophisticats this week

Jan xx

Juanita said...

Cute card, great coloring.

Fussy and Fancy Girl Juanita

Unknown said...

Love this card Kym, great image and the background is ace, many thanks for joining us at Sophisticats this week, Hugs Avril xxx

Max said...

Hi Kym,

Fantastic idea using cotton wool for snow texture - will definitely have to try that out!
Thank you for joinin gus at Bah! Humbug! this week.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Jackie Randolph said...

Oh how sweet this card is, love how your background works with the girl image.
Thanks for joining us at Fussy & Fancy

Stampin Mindy said...

I love the scene you've created. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.

Susie Sugar said...

This is so cute and perfect for our 1st challenge great work I love the green with the snow flakes .
Thanks for joining in this weeks Susie & Vikki's Christmas club challenge we hope you will join us again on Saturday
Love Susie xx

Krista said...

What a fun card! Thanks for sharing your cute creations with us at Fussy and Fancy!