{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Thursday 17 September 2009

My Son's Homework

My son told me this afternoon that his dad had said I'd help him with his homework after I got up. He said he was told that he had to use cold tea on a piece of work to age it. Decided I'd use the tips I'd picked up from Sheena Douglas and also other things I picked up so I:

1. tore the edges of his work, tearing towards me to get a rougher edge

2. screwed up the paper to accentuate age

3. used My Tim Holtz Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink pad around the edge of the paper and all over the surface of the paper using cut and dry foam

4. went around the edge with a Brilliance Starlite Black ink pad with cut and dry foam

5. finally went around the edges with a Brilliance Lightning Black ink pad with cut and dry foam.

Steven was pleased with the outcome. Nice to know that my stamping techniques I keep learning are not just put towards my cards!!! I so love watching stamping programmes and could watch Sheena all day long. I just wish I could have made it to her Workshop in Kettering but I'm not up to going that far - maybe she could come and stay with me for the night and give me some tips - problem is I wouldn't let her leave though!!

1 comment:

Sheena Douglass said...

That looks fantastic!
Thanks for the comments - I'm sure you'd be changing the locks after a couple of days of moi!

Sheena x