{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Tuesday 16 June 2009

Friday Sketchers Challenge Blog 12/6/09


Over at the Friday Sketchers Challenge Blog they have a nice sketch this week. I hope it's OK but as I don't have an oval die (and I certainly can't cut one out - or one that would resemble an oval) I have used a curved rectangle nestabilities die. The image is from Penny Black and coloured in with Lyra Watercolours and Inkintense Pencils. The embossed piece has been embossed with an impressibilities die, sanded down with a nail file as I used Coredinations cardstock and then I've dabbed Perfect Pearls mixed with water onto it with a scrunched up plastic bag as per Sheena Douglass' idea I saw recently on Ideal World.

6 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

Its a lovely card,
like the colours,
Hugs
Angie

iReneM said...

Oh Yes! a nice one Kym :-)
I think this is a lovely cheery card.
Your embossed piece looks fantastic

x

Barbara said...

This is a lovely card, Kym. I like that die --- it is one of my faves. The image is adorable and your coloring super!

Rita said...

This is such a lovely card Kym, the colours look so good to-gether too. Hugs Rita xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Kym this is truly lovely and I believe you can change the shape and adapt it as long as it still resembles the sketch which it does wonderfully well. I love the colours and that image. This is another of the reasons I love looking at other crafters cards there are a lot of images that people use that I have never seen before. Thank you for your comment on my blog yesterday and alerting me to the problem with the colours etc. I want people to enjoy themselves when they visit so I have changed it lol. Mind you if you noticed I am forever changing the look. I used to like changing the furniture around in my lounge but now I use it has a craft space I can't do that so I change the blog backgrounds instead lol.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Jeanette said...

Wonderful card! It is perfectky fine to switch up the oval for another shape!
Thanks for joining in at Friday Sketchers this week. Hugs Jeanette xx