{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Saturday 30 May 2009

Open Day at Stamp Addicts - 30/5/09


I attended my first Open Day at Stamp Addicts today with my friend and my 12 year old son.  My son found a Formula One magazine and a settee to sit on so he was OK whilst we went on our rounds.  We went for a trawl in the shop before going to look at any demos.  We first saw Kay who was doing some lovely colouring using some special pencils, pencil blend and some specially rolled paper pencils to blend colours to avoid pencil marks.  It certainly worked a treat.  

We then went back into the main shop to have a walk around as our only negative comment about the event is that there weren't chairs for people to sit on and watch the demonstrators.  Due to my ill health I found standing there with my walking stick very difficult and I was swaying like a boat on high seas!!!  

We then saw Jennie from Artistic Stamper demoing the alcohol inks/distress embossing powders etc.  As many of you know I don't do "messy" but I was converted to try the alcohol inks so they jumped into my basket without a fuss.  It was cheaper to buy in sets but I preferred to buy three colours I liked individually.

We then went into the demo room again and saw Amanda Bateman using some multi-colour ink pads.  I'd never really liked the though of using them but she certainly made them appealing.

Next I did a make-and-take of a bookmark for my hubby using a little flower stamp, watercolouring with ink pads, using a stencil to sponge the scalloped shape, stamping some words in it and finishing off with a ribbon.  We did manage to sit for that so wemight have sat more than we should.

I then went to give our masterpieces to my son to look after and dry as we'd used Stickles glue on them and came back and did some colouring with some new Lyra pencils.  I found this so hard and nearly gave up a few times as it's hard colouring when you have to bend down.

Next was another pootle around in the shop.  Some naughty things flew into my basket - including a set of Nestabilities as I've wanted them for sooooooooooo long after seeing lovely creations by my fellow bloggers.

It was a lovely experience and I have picked up some tips for my cardmaking so thank you Stamp Addicts.

2 comments:

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Kym, Thank you for the kind comment on my blog, and am very pleased you are doing messy now :) It is nice to know I can inspire people to do stuff they wouldn't normally do.
Enjoy, and see you again soon
Jennie x

Beryl said...

Sounds like to had a fab time. I am so envious. Much too far for me to go there.
Beryl xx