{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Saturday 21 February 2009

Commissioned Birthday Card



It is one of my customers brother's 70th birthday so she wanted an extra special card for him. He's into steam trains so I found this gorgeous image on Joanna Sheen Victorian Companion CDs. Again, I have used the layout of a sketch, this time it being Friday Sketchers, and just worked the backing papers and images around the sketch. It's certainly a change for me doing this but it makes it a bit more fun and certainly more of a challenge!! The card again is finished off with a matching insert made in Word with the train image imported into it. The four little accents needed on the card are the ovals from the centre of number 6 on my numbers peel-off sheet.

4 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Oooo Kym if he's into steam trains he will love this card I know I do.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Cardmaking Galore said...

Nice card!

WeirdCat said...

Wow have a couple of men in my life who'd appreciate this card

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

Love to see what you created with my sketch. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers. Love,
jacqueline