{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Saturday 21 February 2009

Commissioned Birthday Card








My Mum asked me to make a card for the lady she shares an office with as it is her husband's birthday very soon. I decided I'd make a word book with my Funky Hands Funky Daze CD but chose the man's name WILSON which in hindsight it wasn't the easiest of words to start off as I needed to keep tweaking to get the letters to sit right and on A4 card. I printed the letters off on the computer with 250gsm card but it wasn't heavy enough but as my printer doesn't take heavier I printed it all out again on thick photo paper and cut the letters out and stuck on the first lot of letters. Next time I'll print out on the card and the stick onto heavier card BEFORE cutting out. You live and learn.

I had the remit that the husband likes teddy bears, goes running a lot of the time and he reads and that it must't be slushy as they are not like this. I e-mailed my Mum photos and have asked her to look at it and she thinks it's fine - what a relief!!! Just got to wait and see if her colleague likes it later in the week aftr a friend takes it to my Mum so she can take into work.

For the book I've used the Funky Hands Funky Daze CD, My Craft Studio, Clipart for various images, various lots of decoupage which a friend kindly cut out before Christmas (thank goodness there were a lot of bears in there!!), used up various stickers I had been given, used alphabets I have been given (I have so many but did they have all the letters I wanted - no - so I had to keep looking and came across only two sets that I had all the letters I wanted), jump rings, sticky ribbons, peel-offs and finally fibres to finish the whole thing off.

I hope it is OK.

2 comments:

Beryl K said...

Wow Kym, that is gorgeous, a lot of work gone into that card
Beryl x

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Well done Kym - you have created something very special and unique for your friends OH!