{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Sunday 11 January 2009

Messy Rabbit New Home Card



My brother-in-law and his family are due to move house in the next few days so I thought an extra special card was in order. I decided Messy Rabbit would do the job but instead of one I decided to do Mummy and Daddy Messy Rabbit and then five little girl Messy Rabbits (as they have five girls). One of their girls has glasses so of course one of the Messy Rabbit girls has glasses on!!!

I have used one of the sheets from the blue background Messy Rabbit paper pad on the front of the card but I have also used one inside for our words to be written on. It looked a bit lost inside so a scarecrow and another Messy rabbit - maybe Auntie Kym - is sat on the tree stump.

On the front of the card I have used the pub as their house and just omitted the pub sign and then stamped some trees, the scarecrows and the fences and watercoloured them all with Lyra Watercolours. I am getting more practice with them and have managed some shading on the images.

Don't mention the fences - I found them a nightmare to cut out with my dodgy hands and eyes but perseverance paid off in the end and they add that something special to the card and I think totally worthwhile. The card was finished off with some sentiments and some ribbons and is ready and waiting to be given to my brother-in-law and family this week. I hope they like it!!! I dread to think how many hours has gone into this card.

3 comments:

Rita said...

What a work of art this card is. I,m sure they will all love it. you have done a grand job. Hugs Rita xxx

Ann Whitfield said...

Gorgeous Kym your BIL and his family are going to be thrilled to bits
Ann x

Joey said...

Hi Kym, your card is fabulous! love all those bunnies along the bottom. joey xxx