{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Sunday 25 January 2009

Joanna Sheen Card Challenge - January 2009


For the Joanna Sheen Card Challenge for January 2009 you had to use a stamped background. I recently made a card for another challenge with a resist embossing background so decided I'd have another play with this as I enjoyed it.

I used some heart stamps I have and put four together on a block and kept stamping them with Versamark over the card. I only did about a third of the DL piece of card at a time as I was worried the Versamark might dry up plus I also found hard seeing where I'd stamped on the cream card so doing a third of stamping, covering with clear embossing powder and doing it three times over the card was best. After heating the embossing powder and then leaving to cool for a while I then used a decorators sponge (like a large car washing sponge) and shopped a bit off and used this to put on the VersaMagic Perfect Plumeria ink giving it a slightly light/dark texture. I then wiped off the excess with kitchen roll. I then cut the edges with my Craftroom Workstation and then stuck on the card, added a piece of ribbon, used a Paris background from the Di Kaye Card Creations Art Deco CD and also stamped/watercoloured a Messy Rabbit couple and it was finally finished off with a With Love sentiment, I love you sentiment and two little red hearts.

5 comments:

iReneM said...

This is a lovely card, Kym.
Sounds like you had fun with all that stamping and embossing, LOL. The result is great - well worth all the effort.
x

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, what an adorable card, I love those messy rabbits, I have some and haven't inked them up yet.
Thanks for your kind comment.
Carole :D

Barbara said...

Hi, Kym. Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have added you to my favorites, too. I love your Di Kaye and Joanna Sheen cards. I have some new Rubbernecker stamps of retro dresses that I am itching to get at. I also see that your birthday is in 250 days --- mine is in 252 (Oct 5) days, but I have a few years on ya!

Wendy said...

Cute card, love these stamps
Wendy x

Beryl K said...

Just gorgeous
Beryl x