{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Saturday 24 January 2009

Challenge 44 - Peel-offs - Rainbow Lady's Challenge Blog


This week on Rainbow Lady's Challenge Blog, Hazel has got the honour of being the first Guest Designer of 2009 and she chose the topic of peel-offs for the challenge this week. Congratulations to you Hazel and thank you for the topic.

I use a lot of peel-offs for borders/corners but also others for embellishing inserts, envelopes, backs of cards etc. I'm sure our family must "eat them on their sandwiches" as I don't seem to use as many than that seem to disappear!!!

For my card I've used some Papermania Christmas paper, stamped a cottage stamp I got recently from Xelacrafts and coloured in with watercolours. I didn't do it too bright as I wanted the peel-offs to be the main part of the card. I have backed some of the peel-offs onto card and cut out but others I have stuck straight onto the card. The Happy Birthday sentiment I have coloured with my Dufex pens in green to match the other sentiments and the outline of the peel-offs. The card is all finished off with some green fibres.

4 comments:

Rainbow Lady said...

Kym that is really a lovely card and I especially love the cottage stamp. Thanks for asking I am getting there slowly and have managed a bit of stamping this week. Love Cynthia x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Kym this is my first visit to your blog which I have now added to my favourites and will be able to visit regularly. I love your cards and think you did so well to raise the amount of money for charities. I am so glad that even with your illness you can still produce some beautiful work.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Hazel (Didos) said...

HiKym, hope all is well with you, ME must be really hard to deal with, I am always really tired too as living on high anxiety all the time is very exhausting.
Anyway onto the card, this is lovely, Well done to you on the challenge, I love the fact that you have stamped an image too, Thanks again for joining in Hazel xox

Beryl K said...

Hi Kym, another brilliant card
Beryl x