{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Monday 29 August 2011

A Wonderful Week in Northumberland

On Saturday we returned from a wonderful week away in Northumberland.  We stayed in a caravan belonging to the lovely Sharon Duncan and family.  All we will say is that we've stayed in many caravans but this is the BEST by far.  I would recommend it to anyone.  I certainly didn't want to come home but I'm sure my eldest son wouldn't have liked it (this was the first time he stayed at home on his own), work wouldn't like me not turning up to work next week and I don't think Sharon would have appreciated a squatter!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We were blessed with good weather.  It wasn't scorching but we only had rain for a while one night, a few spots of rain when in Edinburgh and rain overnight on the Friday before we came home.  We managed to visit places like Berwick-upon-Tweed, Eyemouth, Seahouses, Newcastle, Alnwick and Edinburgh.  The highlights for me were being by the sea, visiting Newcastle (as I remember seeing the Tyne Bridge on Byker Grove when I was growing up), seeing the sealions in Eyemouth, visiting Edinburgh again and by meeting up with Carol who is a fellow Crafty Ann's Design Team member and having afternoon tea with her.

Our time away was good and just what we all needed as the last two months have been difficult after the sudden death of my mum.

1 comment:

jordiegirl said...

I've just returned from Northumberland too - my home county - stayed with my sister and her family for 2 weeks.

Lovely to see your photos.

Pleased to hear you had a good holiday even if the weather wasn't scorching.