{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Monday 29 August 2011

Knuston Hall Open Day - August 2011

Today was Knuston Hall's Open Day and I was lucky enough to be able to have a stall there.  We arrived at 9.30am and started setting up the stall.  I was anxious I hadn't got enough stock as with mum's death other things had to take priority but I managed to get some cards made whilst I was away last week and Marjorie and Carol gave me some as well.  I also took cards that had been sent to me previously by Lorraine so all in all I managed to fill the two large tables.
My eldest son was a car park attendant volunteer for the day whilst my youngest son and husband helped me on my stall.  People gave such nice comments about the cards on the stall - so these comments need to go to you Carol, Marjorie and Lorraine.  It was a long day as the Open Day was open from 11.00am to 4.00pm.  The highlight of my day was when I had a visit from Irene, a Crafty Ann's Design Team member.  She popped along last year as well so it was nice to see her again this year and have a bit of a natter and walk around.  The day though was tinged with sadness and very difficult to get through at times.  My mum was a volunteer for Knuston Hall and should have been helping out in the lobby giving details of their courses to people.  I could have easily said I wasn't doing it - I have to admit it did cross my mind on many occasions in the last month - but my mum brought me up to not let people down and if I hadn't have gone I would have let the charity down and my mum.

They didn't have such a good turnout as last year as the weather wasn't as sunny but I sold just under £70 worth of cards so I gave them back £35 to go to the charity they have chosen for the event.  The other goes back into the kitty for more provisions and I need to get on and make more supplies at some stage.  My husband won a purse and a bottle of white wine on the tombola and then won fourth prize in the raffle which is a dinner for two and a talk so all-in-all a very good day.

Thank you again to those that helped with cards for the stall, the moral support of the visit of Irene (and she did come with some goodies and cards for me to use for my charity work) and to all of those in Blogland that have encouraged me to still do the stall in difficult times.

3 comments:

Carol said...

So glad to hear it all went well on the day Kym and I was only too pleased to be able to help you out. Great sum of money raised too. Expect you're exhausted now so take it easy. Carol x

coldwaters2 said...

This is brilliant Kym I am so glad that you decided to do the stall and the money made for charity is truly wonderful.
Hugs
Lorraine x

iReneM said...

It was lovely to see you today, Kym.
You did very well with your sales.
Congratulations on your raffle wins too :-)

x