{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Tuesday 14 April 2020

Just for You Friend

 I have had a love of Ching-Chou Kuik's images for a long time now.  A friend at the time had bought some, sent me a card with one on, I bought some and the rest is history.  I have been on various Design Teams working with her digital stamps, rubber stamps and also a Design Team working with her images made into decoupage and pyromage.  Now I run both Ching-Chou Kuik's Digital Stamps Blog and Facebook monthly challenges.  I could never have imagined doing this when I first saw her images and posted I think my first Ching-Chou Kuik card on my blog back in March 2010.  The card I made is above (yikes did I really make that???).

The Design Teams I run get to use Ching-Chou Kuik's digital stamps but I still have some rubber stamps made by Sweet Pea Stamps (sadly no longer in business) and I decided to use them today.

For both of the cards below I have used some thick card jigsaws that have been in my stash for years.  I stamped on both of the images with Versafine black ink.  I have coloured the images in with my Promarkers and added Crafter's Companion clear sparkle pen on the wings.  I then prepared the backgrounds using different colours and different texture stamps to give the background more depth.  I have then doodled around the edges of both.

The backing papers for both cards are from The Works.
This first card I have finished it off with stamped sentiments, wide purple satin ribbon, spotty purple/white organza ribbon, Nuvo pink pearls drops and finally a flower.
This card I have finished off with stamped sentiments, Nuvo pearls drops, spotty grosgrain ribbon and flowers.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Crafting Happiness - Anything goes with the option of a butterfly
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything goes
Crafty Friends - Anything goes
The Corrosive Challenge - Anything goes
Digi Choosday - Anything goes
Crafty Sentiments - Anything goes

10 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

All beautiful cards! Thank you so much for playing along at Let’s Craft and Create this month. A new challenge starts every month on the 5th. Always Anything Goes with an Optional Twist. Hope you’ll link up again.
Janis
Design Team Member @ Let’s Craft and Create
Owner & Design Team Member @ Crafting Happiness Challenges
My Blog: Pause Dream Enjoy

Janis Lewis said...

Me again! Thank you so much for playing along in our Crafting Happiness Challenge this week. Hope you’ll link up again!
Hugs! Janis
Crafting Happiness Challenges, Challenge Blog Owner
Pause Dream Enjoy, Personal Craft Blog

Wendy L said...

All so lovely, thank you for joining us at the Crafty Friends challenge, xxx

Jean said...

lovely creations fab images Great images thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create x

Joy Wilson said...

Wow these are gorgeous! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous image and great B.paper.Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
Carol DT x

Billie A said...

Cute card. Fun image. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Sentiments.

Diane Louise J said...

Hello... Thanks for entering your lovely card into our ‘Anything Goes’ Challenge. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back again soon.
Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Leslie said...

This is stellar! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Mix It Up Challenge Blog's March Anything Goes + Fancy Fold challenge! We appreciate you joining us this month!
Hugs,
Leslie, MIUCB DT
Love To Scrap 2

cohenna said...

Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing with us at Let’s Craft and Create Challenge, hope to see you again :)