{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Tuesday 14 April 2020

Just Want You to Know How Much You Are Appreciated

 
 I work as a part-time as a Medical Secretary at our local hospital and I am still working at the moment.  My eldest son, his partner and my niece all work in the NHS too.

Nikky Hall from Polkadoodles designed these images for people to use to make into cards/projects and to possibly make a donation to help the struggling NHS with this pandemic.

I decided to make an A4 poster to go in our sun room window at the front of the house. 

For my project I used the pre-coloured version of the images.  I took them into Craft Artist and inserted a red heart behind the three images, moved the images around until I was happy, added a sentiment (from the kit from Polkadoodles) and copied twice so I could decoupage up the image and cut out.  Unfortunately when I did the group option it copied them all fine so I printed off and cut out.  It wasn't until I had put all the foam pads on and starting to stick on something had gone wrong with the group copy as the lay doctor's shoes were at her knees!!  I wasn't impressed as they'd taken a while to cut out so back I went into Craft Artist and just printed off the top collage of images.  This time I only cut one out before I checked it was right.  Thankfully it was.

The backing papers are from Summertime Designs (sadly no longer available).

At work when we have boxes of DL envelopes we often get a cardboard divider in them.  Normally that would just go in the bin but if I see it I take it home.  I cut the "N", "H", "S" and hearts out twice out of this card and then also out of scraps of the paper and then stuck them together.

I then layered up the poster along with some black card and some glitter card.
 I have finished my project off quite simply with some cheesecloth in two corners, the word "NHS" and finally some hearts.
 Here is my project sitting in the window at the front of the house.

It's only a little gesture but little things add up.

There are so many people across the world doing their bit to help others during this pandemic like transport services like trains/buses etc making sure key workers can get to work (my husband and youngest son are involved in this), supermarkets/small shops, delivery drivers, refuse workers, teachers (still working for the children at risk or children of key works), emergency services and here in the UK the NHS.

Today is my time to "shout out" to all those working in the NHS eg consultants, nurses, health care assistants, porters, cleaners, managers, secretaries, admin staff and catering staff that all your work is appreciated and you are doing an amazing job despite the current circumstances.  

Thank you.

I am entering this project into the following challenges:

Digi Choosday - Anything goes
A Gem of a Challenge - Anything goes
Crafty Catz - Anything goes with the option of a colour theme
Crafty Hazelnut Patterned Paper April Challenge - Anything goes
Crafty Sentiments - Anything goes

4 comments:

Chris said...

A brilliant idea to use these cute images to design a poster Kym! A great way of showing your appreciation of the amazing dedication of our NHS staff.
Thank you for playing along at Crafty Catz this week.
Chris
x

Janis Lewis said...

Fabulous card! Thank you so much for playing along in our Crafting Happiness Challenge this week. Hope you’ll link up again!
Hugs! Janis
Crafting Happiness Challenges, Challenge Blog Owner
Pause Dream Enjoy, Personal Craft Blog

Jane Savage said...

This is a fabulous idea Kym and the poster looks amazing in your window!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

Creative world said...

Fantastic hero card .Love the bright colors and stunning design....thank you for joining us at A GEM OF A CHALLENGE ,hope to see you again
Željka DT xx