{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Wednesday 29 May 2019

Wishing you a beautiful day

Here is a card I have made to cheer someone up.  I have used my Pink Ink Designs "Sea Turtle" stamp.  This time I have used the main turtle and the two smaller turtles.  I have coloured them in with Promarkers and fussy cut around them.

I then got a piece of A4 watercolour card and used various Distress Oxide refills (Broken China, Fossilised Amber and Wilted Violet) and coloured the background adding layers at a time.  I then cut the card in half and on one piece I cut out a Spellbinders shape to make a frame for my turtles to sit in.

I recently won a challenge over that the CD Sunday Challenge and won a £30 voucher for anywhere I wanted.  I was sooooooooooo delighted.  I picked Hunkydory as they sold some of the Sara Davies' Nautical Collection that I wanted and I also got three ink pads.

For my card I have used the Crafter's Companion Nautical sea foam die, fishing net die, Joy! Crafts waves die, Marianne Designs shell dies, Sue Wilson greenery die, and various stamped shells/wave/rope trim.

I have finished the card off with a stamped sentiment, pearls and some bright and sparkly sequins.

The Promarkers that I have used are:

Large turtle - Orchid, Amethyst, Purple, Cool Aqua, Duck Egg, Turquoise, Sunkissed Pink and Coral.
Smaller turtles - Amethyst and Duck Egg.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Simon Says - Frame it
Crafting from the Heart - Anything goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything goes
Passion for Promarkers - Add pearls and/or gems (pearls for me)
Digi Choosday - Anything goes
I Love Promarkers - Anything goes with the option of one for the boys
613 Avenue Create - Anything goes with the option of making a shaker card
Word Art Wednesday - Anything goes
QKR Stampede - Anything goes
Crafty Catz - Anything goes with the option of monochrome
Polkadoodles - Anything goes
Penny's Paper - Anything goes

8 comments:

Nelly said...

Beautifully coloured and great nautical scene...thanks for sharing with Polkadoodles ...good luck Nelly x

Linda Mc Enery said...

Kym, I love that you've used this turtle more than once - you obviously like it! Such beautiful colours AGAIN! And a wonderful scene. Your shells are so pretty and the die cuts and pearls add lovely detail. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Passion for Promarkers!
Linda

Becca Sadler said...

Another great ocean creature theme card! Wonderful details! Thanks for sharing at PPCC's #432 weekly challenge! Becca/DT

crafty said...

What a great scene. Thank you for sharing with us at QKR Stampede.
Mary

Billie A said...

Cute card and scene. Great images. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Catz.

Billie A
Crafty Catz
Creative With Stamps
Catch The Bug
Aud Sentiments
Always Fun Challenges
Colour Crazy Challenge
Creations In Pink
Do-Al(l)Kreatives
Crafty Gals Corner

The Crafty Den said...

Gorgeous card Kym. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. Great details and embellishments. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Creative world said...

Absolutely stunning make,love evrything...colors and design...Thank you for joining us at DIGI CHOOSDAY CHALLENGE ,hope to see you again
Željka DT xx

Maria Nicotra Tinyworks said...

Thank you for joining us at challenge Digi Choosday Crafting
DT Maria