{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Friday 28 June 2013

Delicious Doodles Challenge - 28 June 2013 - Add a charm

It is Friday and time for another challenge at the Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog.  The challenge this week is "add a charm".
For my card I have used the Delicious Doodles image called "Queen of the Holly".  Yes I know it's only July but I felt like making a Christmas card.  I have coloured the image with Promarkers and Flexmarkers and highlighted areas with my Sakura Stardust clear pen and Pan Pastels.
The backing papers I was given so I do not know their origin.  I have used a Marianne Designs die to make a frame for the image to sit on.  I coloured two chipboard shapes with a burgundy Promarker and then used a Sheena Douglass crackle effect stamp and Versafine to stamp onto the shape and added some holly peel-offs and Stickles glitter glue.  The card has been finished off with some ribbon, cross charm, gems, sentiment and a cream flower which has been coloured with Tim Holtz's Aged Mahogany and Chipped Sapphire distress ink pad and my Inkylicious brushes.  I have then got messy and rubbed some red Stickles glitter glue onto the flower with my fingers.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Crafty Friends - Use a charm
Crafty Hazelnut Christmas - Christmas greenery
Sentimental Sundays - For the girls
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything goes
Platypus Creek - Anything goes
Incy Wincy - Tic-tac-toe - I've used the diagonal line of die-cuts/emboss it/use metal
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything goes
Passion for Promarkers - Name that tune - Holly Holy by Neil Diamond
Party Time Tuesday - Anything goes
Crafting by Designs - Anything goes
Simon Says - Anything goes
Penny's Paper Challenge - Girl power
Nutcrafters - Show us some texture
Crafting for all Seasons - Make it girly
Crafts and Me - Anything goes
Word Art Wednesday - Anything goes
Crafty Ribbons - Anything goes with ribbon
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything but a square card

17 comments:

Hazel said...

This is a delightful card - love that image - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 130 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for June - I'd love to see it there too. x

Unknown said...

Awesome card and the charm adds character to this image.xxx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card Ginny x

Teri said...

This is wonderful hun, I particularly like that big flower! xx

Karen Letchworth said...

Another lovely card, Kym. Thanks so much for sharing with us again this week.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Linda said...

Nice use of all the layers on your card!
Thanks for playing along over at Crafty Friends!
Linda DT- CF

Ellen said...

Love the special shape of your card! Thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays. Hope to see you again next week.
Ellen (SS-DT)

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous card Kym, such a wonderful image and beautifully coloured. Love how you've designed your card and the great embellishments, Kate x

Debbie said...

Lots of lovely texture.Great card.Thanks for joining in with us over at Nutcrafters.Hugs Debbie x

Lucy Patrick said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Kym, love the flower! Perfect shape for Paper Crafting Journey's "Anything but a square card" challenge, thanks for joining in and good luck in the draw. XOX Lucy

Sandy S said...

Fabulous card!

Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays...

Sandy S
SSDT

Sandy S said...

Fabulous card!

Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays...

Sandy S
SSDT

Caz said...

This is gorgeous ..Thank you for sharing with us at Penny's..And good luck.

Caz xx

Andie's Space said...

Hi Kym,
This looks gorgeous. I love your fabulous image & wonderful card design. Thanks for joining us at Passion For Promarkers this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Cathy said...

Great card. Thank you for joining in the Passion for Promarkers challenge, and good luck.
Cathy xx

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Kym, love the image. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

Anke said...

Lovely creation. Thanks for joining us at Crafty ribbons
hugs Anke