{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Saturday 30 January 2010

Non-traditional Valentine's Day Card


The challenge at Passion for Promarkers this week of the colour combo of Pastel Green and Blossom has lead me to the design of this card.  I haven't used the Pastel Green much as I don't like green but on using this it's more turquoise and therefore should get more life in the future.  Blossom though feels she's "over worked and under paid" as I do use this one a lot - all I will say is why can't all faces, arms, legs be coloured in blossom - too bright I know but it is lovely!!!  The backing papers I was given and it included a sheet of little embellishment so I've put on two sentiment mounts and cut out the flower.

This card fits the following challenges:

Dutch Dare Challenge - Summer in winter
Magical Crafts Fortnightly Challenge - Valentine's
Raise the Bar Challenge - Use something old - I have a large collection of peel-offs - a lot I've been given by blogging friends - but the With Love sentiment I've had since I started making cards 4 years ago
Crafty Cardmakers - Hearts and romance
Passion for Promarkers - Blossom and Pastel Green
Cute Card Thursday - Blooming gorgeous
Fussy and Fancy Friday - Hearts
Saturday Challenge - Hearts
Just us Girls - Wildcard
Lexi's Creations - Valentine's.

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kym,
Beautiful card, love the soft colours, image is great.
Thanks for joining us at MCFC.
Good luck Hugs Angel

iReneM said...

That's lovely, Kym.
I like your pastel colour choice, very unusual but it works a treat

x

Carol Ann said...

Beautiful valentine Kym I love those soft pastel colours and the image is cute too! Thanks for playing at MCFC.
Carol Ann xx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Lovely

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

shaz earl said...

fab card Kym and so many challenges it fits too well done x

Donna said...

Hi Kym,
Lovely card, I love the colours you have chosen. Image is great too. Thanks for joining us at MCFC and good luck.
Hugs, Donna x

Darlene said...

What a lovely creation! Thanks so much for joining us at Raise The Bar!

Gina said...

Lovely card Kym :)
Thanks for joining in both PFP and SCSC challenges this week :)
Gina xxx

the crafty duck said...

Lovely card Kym, love the colours, I love those 2 promarker colours, thanks for playing at MCFC, love Steph

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Kym, what a cute card. Love the image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

lalkygirl said...

fab card love the muted clolours
tahnks for joining us at lexis creations
lalkygirl x

Anonymous said...

Kym, I love your card. Thanks for playing along at PfP this week.
Sam xx

jackiescrafts said...

Great card and I love the colours you have used. Thanks for joining in at MCFC

Jackie x

Lexi said...

What a cute card and such lovely colours! Thanks for playing over at Lexi's Creations

Hugs Lexi xxx

Susie Sugar said...

Lovely card I just love Kimmie stamps and your card is fab
xx

Nicky said...

Wonderful card love the colours and the image you have used. Funny I dont tend to use green either!

Anjie said...

A beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week.
Anj
xx

Anonymous said...

Great card Kym and the colour combo is lovely - thanks for joining us at MCFC xx

Georgie said...

lovely pastel colours you have used Thanks for joining in at Lexis Creations

Helen said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Ida / Little said...

Gorgeous card Kym, with a beautiful image :) Thanks so much for joining us at PfP this week! :)

Hugs Ida

Michele Roos said...

Such a pretty card Kym, love the image you've used. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Stampin Mindy said...

Such a cute card, love the image. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy!

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations with your lovely work!

Saskia :)

Kim said...

Hi, what an awesome card, i have become a follower, i would love it if you would join mine
thanks
stamp'en with cj
http://stampenwithcj.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Great card - I love the image.
Jack (Crafty Cardmkers)