Well, I had to try out my new Spellbinders Impressabilities Flower Die this morning as it's been burning a hole in my table for a week waiting to be used. I'm not sure if I've got the sandwich combination right yet as it didn't make such embossed detail I thought compared to the Cuttlebug embossing folders. I'm not sure if it's meant to so I shall have to have a little play and try more combinations and then write the best combination down for future reference.
I used a piece of my green Coredinations light card and once embossed I used a nail file to bring the core out. I then added some ribbon and a grommet. The backing card was a very bright green and despite the Daisy may image being coloured in with a light green I wanted to tone it down a bit so I used some equivalent H2O gold and some green perfect pearls and instead of using a sponge I used Sheena Douglas' tip of rustled up plastic. Instead of using something new I got the plastic packet the Impressabilities die came in as when I went to put it away into the tight fit packet it split all the way down - I scrunched it up and off I went dabbing around the whole card. Even though I don't do messy I really enjoyed it.
This fits the bill, I think, for two challenges:
Cute Daisy May Challenge - Let's emboss
The Cuttlebug Spot - colouring in images