{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Tuesday 10 March 2009

Commissioned Birthday Card


My son took a telephone call just before I got home on Friday from one of my customers to say I needed to call her ASAP. That morning my husband had taken into work some cards for her, her sister-in-law and brother so I was in panic mode that something was wrong with them. I even called her before taking my coat off only to find it wasn't a problem with what I'd done it was a problem that she'd forgotten to ask for a card for her partner. I said I'd sort it for this week. When I recently had to make two gentleman bowler cards I had to buy in a Papernation decoupage sheet and a Flippin' Men decoupage sheet. When looking at the Flippin' Men I saw the La Pashe sheets and saw a steam train sheet. I thought I'd get this for Christmas time as her partner and brother are steam train mad so I thought some snow on it and they'd make a good Christmas card. Thankfully I did because as soon as I knew about needing the card I didn't have to go on panic mode as I had already got a suitable sheet to use. Will have to think of something else now for Christmas!!!

The card has several layers of matting and layering as I didn't want anything too fancy being a man's card. I then put two of decoupaged images on, a sentiment, a train ticket that was on the sheet as well and some fibres. Inside is finished off with a suitable insert.

1 comment:

Beryl K said...

Another great card Kym, you certainly are keeping busy
Beryl x