{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Saturday 21 February 2009

Commissioned Birthday Card



One of my customers wanted a card made for a friend's birthday. The gentleman is into foxes or kingfishers. Last year it was kingfishers so this year it was foxes again.

I decided to make this card as per the sketch on the Cutie Sunday Challenge Blog. It's not how I would have done the card but I am very happy with the outcome. Taking part in challenges is certainly testing me and looking at cards in different ways.

This time I have used Joanna Sheen's Jayne Netley Mayhew CD as the fox on there is gorgeous and I made my own backing paper using the two backing papers that came with the image. The paper that I have torn at the front is from another of Joanna Sheen's CD but I can't for the life of me remember which one!! The torn edge I was going to use Versamark and gold embossing powder as per an idea I got a while ago from Jak aka Crafter's Kitchen. I then noticed I didn't have gold embossing powder so I watercoloured the edge, used a Versamark pen and then clear embossing powder to highlight the torn edge. I have used the fox image and made an insert to go inside as well. Forgot to say a big THANK YOU to Dawn Bibby as well. I watched one of her shows last week or this week (can't remember which as I record the shows and watch several times!!) and she mentioned that if you don't like staples the normal colour to colour them with peel-off pens. I used my brown Dufex pen on the staples that were already in the stapler and am more pleased with being able to colour match the staples to the card so I might use this more. Thanks Dawn.

2 comments:

Beryl K said...

That is gorgeous Kym, I'm sure the recipient will be well pleased
Beryl x

*Arwen* said...

What a lovely little fox :)
Thanks for taking part.

xoxo Arwen