{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Saturday 24 January 2009

Cute Card Thursday - Challenge 44 - Create a Scene


I had thought about a Valentine's Card for my wonderful husband and had thought about something to do with Paris as he took me there for my 30th birthday.

For the Cute Card Thursday Challenge 44 it is a Create a Scene so my thoughts for my husband's Valentine's Day card fits the bill.

I used a piece of background paper I printed from the Di Kaye Card Creations Art Deco CD and edged it with the Docrafts Multi-shaper and popped it on the top of my card. I then created a scene using a background from the Di Kate Card Creations Art Deco CD of the Eiffel Tower, a Charmed Cards and Craft Digital Download of the boutique and cafe from the Girls About Town Download and the in love Messy Rabbit stamp. I vowed after making a complicated card a few weeks ago that Messy would have to retire for a while but I've got withdrawal symptoms already. The card was finished off with some stickers for the word Paris and Love and also some words printed off on the computer. I hope he will like it - I'm safe as he won't look at my blog so won't know about his card!!!!

4 comments:

Ann Whitfield said...

I'm sure he'll love it Kym and I'm glad you didn't retire Messy!
Ann x

Deb said...

This is so cute I just love those sweet rabbits!
Hope you are having a great weekend! Thank you for joining in the CCT challenge!

Beryl K said...

Beautiful card Kym
Beryl x

Anonymous said...

Hey Kym

Wow, I totally love your cards! wish I had a creative streak in me!With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, I guess this would be the perfect time to try and be experiment with crafts! I have also discovered an alternative way than buying cards in shops (if like me, you art skills look like a two year olds efforts) then this could be a great alternative!
My friend Jenny sent me an electronic greetings card whilst she was on holiday in America this year, and I thought it was such a good idea! I spent ages looking on the internet doing some research, and found a really good Free Valentine's Day e-Card site I am a big fan of this site and one of the best things about it is that it is totally free, so not only are you saving money on postage, but also on paper, so it is a great idea for the environment! They have a new range of Valentine's Day e-Cards with an added twist! They inject a bit of humour into Valentine's Day greetings! They have a cool application where you can upload a photo of yourself and incorporate it into the greetings! I just think it is a great way to make Valentine's Day much more light hearted! Just wanted to share my findings with you all!Keep up the good work Kym!
Nicole.