{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Friday 12 November 2021

To the Happy Couple


It has been a busy time recently with going away for 2.5 weeks on holiday to three different areas of the UK with our touring caravan to see family and friends, my husband's Long Service Award Dinner (for 30 years' service with his company) and our eldest son got married.  It was a lovely day for them.  I knew I had to make a special card but my health is not "playing ball" at the moment so it took weeks to plan/make this card.

I recently bought Debbi Moore's Art Deco match-it pad and matching die-set so I could use the images and dies for my card for the two grooms and the corner dies.  They got a puppy recently called Benji but sadly he could not come to the event so I retrieved a photo of him, shrunk it down and added him to the card and matching box.

I utilised a verse that I got a long time ago when I first started crafting but thought it was a beautiful addition to the card.

My stopper for the easel card is a gorgeous Prima flower and gem display which I won in a challenge earlier this year.  I had to save it for a special card so our son's wedding card was perfect to use it on.

As my card was a "little" chunky I made up an 8x8 box that I bought some years ago and decorated it in-keeping with the card and added Benji to the box as well.

I am entering this card and matching box into the following challenges:

Mix it Up - Anything goes with the option of a 3D project
Through the Purple Haze - Anything goes with the option of for men
Creative Moments - Anything goes
Crafter's Castle - Anything goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything goes with the option of with thanks/thankfulness
The Corrosive Challenge - Anything goes
Digi Choosday - Anything goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything goes
Penny's Paper Challenge - Anything goes
Creative Fingers - Anything goes
Ally's Angels - Anything goes
Crafty Catz - Anything goes with the option of sparkle and shine
Polkadoodles Challenge - Anything goes
More Mixed Media Challenge - Anything goes with the option of using black
CD Sunday Plus - Anything goes with a CD/digital/USB

13 comments:

LV Handcrafted said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for entering the Digi Choosday Challenge!! - Linh (DT)

Elizabeth Hart said...

I love this clever wedding card. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, elizabeth

Margarets designer cards said...

Wonderful wedding card, I love the background and they way you designed the card, with the two of them to one side, adding the dog in. with the matching box. It will be a card to be treasure for many years to come
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Pamela said...

This is a lovely personalised card Kym. I hope your health didn't stop you from enjoying their day.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Cute project, I love it. Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards
Danka
TTCRD
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

Nelly said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing with Polkadoodles this week Nelly dt x

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

I'm again. Thank you for participating in Through the Purple Haze Challenges

Danka
Twórcze pasje Danki{My Blog}

Vesna M. said...

It's perfect. You did amazing wedding card. Congrats! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create. DT Vesna

Jocelyn said...

A nicely designed wedding card that I am sure will be treasured. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Sheryl said...

What a beautiful card for such a special occasion - a real keepsake.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

Sueb said...

Hello,
What a fabulous card.
Thank you for sharing your card crafting skills with us at the ATG challenge for Through the Craft Room Door. TTCRD.blogspot.com
I look forward to seeing many more of your challenges.
With kind regards
Sue TTCRD DT
Blogspot handmadecardsbysb:wordpress.com

Aunty Sue said...

What a fab creation and will be treasured i am sure thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz

Maria Valente said...

So lovely! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Creative Moments.