{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Thursday 4 November 2021

Season's Greetings

Here is a Christmas card that I made a while back but had not posted on my blog.

This is a traditional Christmas card.  For the backing papers and the phrase banner I have used my Debbi Moore Nativity CD that I go back to time-and-time again.  I used a piece of copper card and put through a Crafter's Companion distress embossing folder for some texture.

The die-cut images were from a Nativity set from Crafter's Companion.  I cut out all the images in black and then brushed around with a copper gilding polish.

As I wanted the made scene to be the focal of the card I have just finished off with some gems for the three wise men's gifts and another sentiment I had in my stash.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Crafty Creations - Anything goes
Creative Moments - Anything goes
Fan n Funky - Christmas is getting closer
Digi Choosday - Anything goes
CD Sunday Plus - Anything goes (CD used for the backing papers)
Make my Monday Challenge - E(scape) it!
Word Art Wednesday - Anything goes
Pearly Sparkles - Anything goes
Creative Inspirations - Wonderful Winter/Feeling Festive
Unicorn Challenge - Christmas/Winter
A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything goes
Love to Scrap - Anything goes
Love to Craft - Anything goes
Creatalicious Challenge - Anything goes with the option of stars

11 comments:

Pamela said...

That copper card is perfect for this image Kym.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Jocelyn said...

I love the effect you have got with the copper guilding polish. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

cass said...

Beautiful Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles this month for our "Merry Christmas" Challenge.

Margarets designer cards said...

I like your copper effect, it goes well with the image
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Seafield Jo said...

This is a stunning card Kym. My favourite Christmas cards are the one's that show the true meaning of Christmas. I love the copper card, makes it so luxurious.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Super toffe kaart. Helemaal leuk. Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Make My Monday challenge
Great card, love it. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday challenge

XX
Claudia

DT Make My Monday challenge

https://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.com/
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com

Myriam said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for playing with us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Craft Challenge.
I hope to see you next time.
Hugs, Myriam
DT Polkadoodles

Sue Jackson said...

What a beautiful card! You did a fabulous job with all the fussy cutting! The embossed copper paper is just stunning. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday! Hope to see you in the gallery again soon! XX Sue

N-Eva said...

What a beautiful card!!! Love the adorable image you used!! Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky challenge.Neva

Maz said...

Beautiful traditional card. Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday - best of luck!
Maz DT
https://blackheartcrafts.blogspot.com/

ClaireB said...

Lovely traditional Christmas card, great to see the quotation from the Bible to compliment the image. Thanks for joining us at the Pearly Sparkles challenge this month Claire DT