{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Tuesday 13 April 2021

I'm a little late to celebrate your birthday


I needed to make a belated card for someone.  I decided to use my Just Inklined "The Big One" CD and used this builder/DIY chap to make a flippin' card ie you get to see the front and back of the character as there is a layer of acetate in between.

The other week when I was on holiday this card took me two days to make as it just kept on going wrong.  I restarted once and I nearly put this one into the bin but asked my hubby's advice and he said "can't you put some ribbon on it?".  Thankfully I had some perfect ribbon and that did the trick.

On the yellow paper I used various tool stamps to stamp onto the paper and just coloured in the handles with Promarkers.

I finished the card off by die-cutting some DIY tools (thanks Lozzy - these are fiddly to do at times but so wonderful), peel-off letters coloured with a red Promarker, stamped sentiment and a peel-off glitter frame over the sentiment.

I was pleased to hear that the recipient liked his card.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Love to Craft - Anything goes
Mix It Up - Anything goes with the option of no stamping
Crafts Galore Encore - Anything goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything goes with the optional twist of "in the garden"
More Mixed Media - Anything goes with the option to use some yellow
The Corrosive Challenge - Anything goes
Creative Moments - Anything goes
Crafty Creations - Anything goes
Get Creative - Anything goes
The Paper Funday - Anything goes with the option of Spring has Sprung
CD Sunday Plus - Anything goes using a digital download or a CD/USB (CD used)
Digi Choosday - Anything goes

13 comments:

Pamela said...

I love it Kym!!! So much so I'm going to pinch your design to make a card for my DIY handyman neighbour - if that's OK with you?
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Jean said...

Amazing card totally awesome Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create xx Please join us again.
https://wwwkraftyjean.blogspot.com/

crafty-stamper said...

Great masculine card and love all the images and die-cut tools-love your hubbys response "can't you put some ribbon on it" lol.Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create and hope you will join us again
Carol DT x

Jane Savage said...

Incredible design and I love the additional die-cuts!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

Seafield Jo said...

This is such a great card. I love this range and love the treatment you've given it.

Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

Carol said...

A fab card Kym and great to see one of my favourite CDs in use.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Kim that is a an amazing card, a lot of work but oh boy it is really worth is, I love it
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Jocelyn said...

I love these flippin men characters and you have made a great card using this one. Thank you for sharing your lovely design with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Stacey said...

Awesome card. Thanks for sharing with us at Get Creative.
DT Stacey
www.butterflycreations.blog

Madison said...

Great card. Such fun colours. Thanks for entering Digichoosday at Polkadoodles. Madison

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for participating in the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge. http://cardsgalorechallenges.blogspot.com/

Leslie said...

This is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Love To Craft Challenge Blog this month! We appreciate you joining us!
Hugs,
Leslie, LTCCB DT
Love To Scrap 2

Donna Walls said...

A very fun birthday card that I'm certain cheered up the reciepient. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge and Best of Luck in the Draw! Donna, DT