{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Sunday 7 March 2021

Have a Fabulous 50th Birthday


This is a card I made for a friends 50th birthday tomorrow.  I used a weekly freebie for watching the Debbi Moore Facebook Live every Thursday evening from 6.30pm.  I used the images and paper from a recent Art Deco freebie.  It was a gorgeous collection and hard to choose but in the end I went with the gold coloured images.

The card I made is a stepper card and I have used three images and a sentiment off the freebie download.  I then cut the numbers "5" and "0" our five times from scraps of the backing paper to make the "5)".  There were also some more scraps from the gold paper and silver card I used so I used a "50" confetti die and cut out quite a lot (well actually a lot) of confetti to fall out of the card when it is opened tomorrow - whoops what a mess!!

Talking of mess.  I decided to add highlights of glitter to parts of the card when I had finished it.  I was oh so careful to check I'd got all the leftover glitter.  Boy was I wrong.  Somehow or other some got behind the feather and when I stood up and moved the card towards the window to check whether I needed anymore glitter anywhere I had a fountain of glitter fall to the fall onto my mat.  What a mess.  Despite vacuuming the mat I can still see glitter on the mat and it seems to be in places throughout the house.  This is why I normally stick to glitter glue but as I have pots of glitter to use up I thought I would but what a mess!!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Creatalicious - Anything goes with the option of I've got the blues
CD Sunday Plus - Anything goes (digital kit download)
Crafts Galore Encore - Anything goes
Crafty Friends - Happy birthday
Love to Craft - Anything goes
Love to Scrap - Anything goes
Crafter's Castle - Anything goes
Unicorn Challenge - Make it Feminine
CRAFT - Anything goes
Word Art Wednesday - Anything goes
Crafty Calendar - Feminine
My Time to Craft - Make it feminine
Through the Purple Haze - Anything goes with the option of a sketch
Crafty Catz - Anything goes with the option of dies/punches
613 Avenue Create - Anything goes with the option to make a slider card

15 comments:

Chris said...

A beautiful card, such lovely images and a wonderful art deco design. Thank you for linking up to our ‘Feminine’ Challenge at Crafty Calendar.
Chris
x

Jocelyn said...

This is stunning. I love Art Deco style and the colours and sparkles make this one fabulous card. Thank you for sharing your lovely design with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Sandy said...

Beautiful Art Deco card. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create Challenges.
Hugs, Sandy DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Gorgeous card, I also love Debbi Moore’s Art Deco
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Seafield Jo said...

A beautiful card.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

Fiona said...

Oh wow isn't this stunning - so evocative of a by-gone era - I love the sentiment and it's border - thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create this month

Pamela said...

Absolutely beautiful Kym. I'm sure it made your friend's birthday.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Carol said...

A stunning image Kym. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card . Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck Ginny DT for Creative Craft Cottage
My Blog As I do Rodos

Aunty Sue said...

Brilliant make and so pleased you joined us at crafty catz this week.

Judith said...

amazing card love the art deco - thank you for joing the My time to craft challenge - JudithCE

Andree said...

A lovely Art Deco card. Nice design and gorgeous artwork.
Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore March Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x

Ellen said...

Great card, well done!
Thanks for joining us at Unicorn Challenge.

groetjes, Ellen

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Gorgeous and elegant card :o) Thanks for joining us at LTSCB

Tina dt

Jackie Cornfield said...

What an awesome card Kym!
So pleased that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Through the Purple Haze.
Stay safe and well.
Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @ TTPH