{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Friday 15 May 2020

Sending Birthday Wishes Uncle

It was my uncle's birthday on Wednesday so I made him this card using my Creative Crafting World "Meercat Madness - For the boys" (sadly this is no longer showing on their website) and used this cute image of a meercat chilling out with a cup in his hand and a remote control for the TV in the other.  My uncle works really hard despite not being well himself and he looks after my aunt as she is not well so his favourite place is to sit watching the TV to get some "me" time especially if there are Carry On films to watch!!

For my card I have printed off two plain papers off the CD from the collection along with a patterned paper, image printed out twice so I could decoupage and insert.

As the card needed to be posted I have simply finished off the card with a stamped sentiment, gems, some spotty grosgrain ribbon, I made a little posy shape with some twine and a button.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Penny's Paper - Anything goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything goes
Cute Card Thursday - Birthdays
Aud Sentiments - Anything goes and sentiment
Crafty Hazelnut Patterned Paper May Challenge - Anything goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything goes with the option of diamonds and lace
Word Art Wednesday - Anything goes
CD Sunday Plus Challenge - Anything goes
A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything goes
Polkadoodles - Anything goes
Creative Fingers - Anything goes
Crafty Catz - Anything goes with the option of outdoors

14 comments:

Jackie C said...

Great card Kym!
So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create.
Please come back again!
The best of luck with your entry.
Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

Billie A said...

Oh my gosh this image is just too cute. I am sure your uncle loved your fun card. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments (and Crafty Catz)

NickScrapShack said...

I love this make! And such a great image, I love it! And who doesn´t like a little bit of "me" time in front of the tv?
Thank you for playing along with us at CRAFTY CATZ this week. Best of luck! Nick

Pamela said...

Your uncle is going to love this laid back meerkat. Great card.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Polkadoodles said...

Thank you for entering Polkadoodles - Anything goes! I hope your uncle had a enjoyed his birthday and loved your card x

Carol said...

I love Meerkats. If it were possible to have one or more as pets I would but it's not so I just enjoy watching films about them. Lovely card.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

HandmadeCardsByGeorgia said...

Thanks for entering our challenge. Love this card! DT Creative Fingers.

Jocelyn said...

Fabulous image and card. Love the colours and the addition of the twine and button. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Great image, with most of the population doing just that sitting relaxing with the remote
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

* Shell B.* said...

Simply wonderful masculine birthday card!!
So glad you shared with us at 613 Avenue Create for the challenge! Good Luck!

¸ • .. ')) -: |:-. •'. • ')) * ((¸¸. •' .. • '
Hugs ~ DT Shell 💕

Deezy's Handmade Cards said...

What a wonderful card! Nice colors and beautifully made! Thank you for sharing at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog!

Helen said...

Love your card and I'm sure it was appreciated.

Thanks for joining us at Penny's Challenge.

Helen x

Wynn said...

So cute!!! You’ve got the perfect card for yourUncle. I’m sure it will make him smile.i certainly did!! Thank you for sharing it with us at CDSunday Plus Wynn DT

dmbennett said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles.

Dawn DT