{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Tuesday 21 April 2020

Captain Tom Moore - Have a Knockout Day!

I think across the world we are all passionate about Captain Tom Moore who decided he would walk 100 lengths of his 25 metres garden with the help of his walking frame 100 times to celebrate his 100th birthday.  He wanted the money to go to the NHS Charities Together and he wanted to raise £1,000.  No-one could actually of predicted what an amazing influence Captain Tom Moore had on people.  At the time of typing up this post on my blog (6.00pm on Sunday 19 April 2020) I have looked at his fundraising page and the total raised was £26,123,862.98.  We are going through an awful coronavirus pandemic throughout the world but still people are donating to Captain Tom's excellent cause.

Due to this massive achievement an idea was raised about making cards for Captain Tom Moore.  I know some people are saying that we shouldn't do this due to the pandemic but I am sure that Marston Moretaine Post Office and then in turn the family will take all the necessary precautions but people around the country and even the world want to recognise what he has done for the NHS Charities Together.  I truly believe that all of the cards Captain Tom Moore receives will be looked at and all messages read.

For this reason I have made a card.  Wish I could hand deliver it in person as the family only live about 10 miles away but post it I will.

For my card I have used a CD from Just Inklined called "The Big One".  I have used one of the senior "flippin'" characters where you have the front decoupage and the back decoupage and you use a tri-fold card so you can put acetate in between the two sides with an aperture and then you stick both pieces of decoupage to it.  I have used the senior boxing man as Captain Tom Moore has certainly done a "knockout" job for what he has done and for what he has raised for the NHS.

The papers I have used are from Summertime Designs digital papers (sadly no longer available).  Thankfully I used papers I could print off myself as twice I had to go back to scratch because I didn't have a tri-fold card and made my own using an 8x8 scalloped card.  I also thought I'd make my card into a shaker card and printed off some papers with colours both side and die-cut little stars out of it as he is certainly a star in my eyes.

I then die-cut "100" out twice in both card and patterned paper so I could raise them up.  I then cut out "CAPTAIN TOM MOORE" out in patterned paper and card.  For all of the numbers and digits I inked around the edges with a Poppy Promarker (to get rid of the nasty wide edges of the paper and nasty brown edges of the card) before sticking them altogether.  This took over an hour to make these all raised but I think it was worth it although I might have to walk around with red fingers from the Promarker when I missed the small digits and alphabets!!
 I have finished the card off simply with all the die-cuts to say "100 today" on the outside and "100 Captain Tom Moore" on the inside, birthday sentiment from the decoupage sheet and some fussy cut stars from one of the papers.

I shall keep my fingers crossed that Captain Tom Moore likes his card.  It took a long time to make - especially with it going wrong twice - but he is so worth it.  Thank you Captain Tom Moore for what you have done/achieved.  Happy Birthday.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Crafter's Castle - Anything goes 
Creative Fingers - Anything goes
Crafty Catz - Anything goes with the option of paper piecing
Ally's Angels - Anything goes
CD Sunday - Anything goes with a CD/digital download/USB (Just Inklined CD called "The Big One" used for my card)
Aud Sentiments - A birthday sentiment (congratulations to all those involved with the Aud Sentiments Challenge on your 10th birthday)
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything goes
Digi Choosday - Anything goes
Creatalicious - Anything goes with the option of a marble background
The Creative Crafters - Anything goes
A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything goes
Crafting Happiness - Anything goes with the option of purple

11 comments:

Chris said...

A brilliant card to raise tribute to a wonderful man on his 100th birthday, I think everyone is just blown away by his commitment, achievement and generosity and he has cheered us all up during these difficult times. Your card is a real labour of love...and it shows. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Catz.
Chris
x

Janis Lewis said...

Fabulous! Thank you so much for playing along in our Crafting Happiness Challenge this week. Hope you’ll link up again!
Hugs! Janis
Crafting Happiness Challenges, Challenge Blog Owner
Pause Dream Enjoy, Personal Craft Blog

Carol said...

What a wonderful card Kym and a wonderful idea. Thank you for sharing your creation with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Pamela said...

A truly stunning card Kym - such a lot of work gone into it.
I would love to think that Captain Tom gets to see your card after all that work but sadly I don't think he will. I've read that the cards will be delivered to a central place and they will open them all. What happens with them then I don't know.
Thanks for joining in with our challenge.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Wynn said...

Wonderful card. It made me smile and I’m sure he will smile too when he sees it. Thank you for sharing it with us at CDSunday Plus Wynn DT

Jocelyn said...

A fabulous card for such a special person. I'm sure we were all inspired by what he has achieved. Well done to Captain Tom and well done to you too for taking the time to make such a lovely card. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Joy Wilson said...

Omg! I love this! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

Margarets designer cards said...

Fabulous card for someone who really deserves a special card, beautiful design,
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Priya Satish said...

Fantastic card. Thank you for joining us at the Crafters Castle Challenge - Priya Satish DT

Ines said...

Super:)Thanks for playing with us at The Creative Crafters:)Ines DT
http://inka-mojmalyswiat.blogspot.com/
https://creativecrafterschallenge.blogspot.com/

Melanie said...

A great card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional marble background” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Simply Create Too)

(DT Kreativtanten)