{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Saturday 22 February 2020

Bookmarks and a card in the Debbi Moore Bringing Inspiration to You Magazine

I recently won a challenge over at the Winter Wonderland Challenge Blog and my prize was to pick some images from the Wink Wink Ink Designs Store.  There were lots of gorgeous images but these two dog characters "spoke to me" and I had to have them!!

 I decided to make a couple of bookmarks with these images.  The first image I used was called "Teacup Chihuahua".  I have coloured the image in with Caran D'Ache pencils, highlighted areas with a white Posca pen and fussy cut out.

The backdrop for the image is a decorative card from Hunkydory which I have used a stencil and inked through with a pink and blue ink.  I also used my dauber to make pink circles as well.  I have used some wide grosgrain ribbon, raffia ribbon, flower with brad centre and a stamped sentiment to finish off the bookmark.
 For my second bookmark I used the image called "Pug".  I have again coloured the image in with Caran D'Ache pencils, highlighted areas with a white Posca pen and fussy cut out.  I do like colouring with pencils but with my dodgy hands it makes them so painful afterwards.

The backdrop for the image is a paper from a paper pad from The Works which again I have used a stencil and inked through with a pink, yellow and blue ink.  I also used my dauber to make blue circles as well.  I have used some wide grosgrain ribbon and two stamped sentiments to finish off the bookmark.
 Here is what the cute little chihuahua looks like on my Debbi Moore magazine.
 This is what the pug looks like on the magazine.
I was delighted to see that in Issue 50 of the Debbi Moore Bringing Inspiration to You Magazine one of my cards was shown in the readers' creations page (see above).

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Aud Sentiments - Anything goes and sentiment
Through the Purple Haze - Anything goes
Incy Wincy - Anything goes
Di's Digi - Use a digi image
A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything goes
Crafts Galore Encore - Anything goes
Love to Craft - Anything goes
Classic Design Challenge - Anything goes
Digi Choosday - Anything goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything goes
Penny's Paper - Anything goes
Cute Card Thursday - Square
Creative Fingers - Anything goes
Crafty Catz - Anything goes with the optional twist of food
Polkadoodles - Anything goes
Jan's Digi Stamps - Anything goes
Creative Moments - Anything goes with the optional twist of for the girls
Allsorts - Make it girly
  

11 comments:

Chris said...

Beautiful bookmarks showcasing these cute images and congrats for having your beautiful poppy card published in the magazine.

Thank you for playing along at Crafty Catz this week.
Chris
x

brenda said...

A really sweet creation with the cute doggie image you won, many thanks for joining in with our 'Make it Girly' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Linby said...

so cute! Thanks for joining in with my girly challenge at Allsorts this week.
Lyn x
DT

Elaine Stark said...

So very cute. Thanks for joining Aud Sentments challenge. Elaine

Jackie C said...

Super sweet cards Kym!
So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Through the Purple Haze.
Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @ TTPH

Wendy L said...

Pretty cards Kym, thank you for joining us at Allsorts, xx

Donna Walls said...

Such a sweet Little Chi! Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Challenges. Donna - DT Member

Creative world said...

Absolutely stunning makes.Love your idea and design and colors too...Thank you for joining us at DIGI CHOOSDAY CHALLENGE hope to see you again

Anne Temple said...

Both of these are adorable! Thanks for sharing it with us at Jan's Digi Stamps Challenges :-)

Wendy said...

Gorgeous makes..., Thanks for joining us at Di’s Digi Challenge 🙂
Wendyx

jenny Ginger Ninja Crafts said...

Fab book marks, they would brighten up a reading session for sure. Thanks for joining us for the Aud Sentiments Challenge.
Jenny (AKA the Ginger Ninja!)
https://gingerninjacrafts.wordpress.com/